AMAZN arrived today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

photohap

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
federal way, WA
Going to try some jerky with it.  One of my rigs is the cajun electric, with the digital control and the AMAZN, thinking it will turn out pretty good.  Will post some pics shortly.

Yes post some pic's I need to do some jerky.
pot.gif

Here is the jerky one hour in.  I took the foil tent off the Amazn, looks like I should get about a full 3 plus hour smoke with it.

When I smoke jerky I prefer to smoke it wet, it might take longer, but the flavor is more intense.  Temp steady at 150, thats one thing nice about the AMAZN it doesn't spike the temp, ie when you have to ad chips.. Excited for the taste test.

252f39cf_Jerky1.jpg

The Jerky as it went in to the dehydrator, had to set the alarm to get up at 2 am to check on it

32814dec_Jerky2.jpg

Now the finished results, vac sealed a few bags but left the dryest ones out to snack on.  Gotta say the smoke flavor is perfect.  I am not a fan of soy sauce style jerky, but this I will definitely make again.

5f3c0df1_jerky3.jpg

and here is the recipe I use, its not mine so can't take credit for it:

• 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper, or to taste
  • 1 pound lean beef sirloin tip, sliced into 1/8 inch strips
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 5 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
  •  

Last edited:
Good looking jerkey - you are going to love the AMNS

Updated my post with some more photos.  If you have an electric smoker I super highly recommend getting the AMAZN, its very amazing for sure...

Now tonight Chicken breasts

TIMES ???  How long on the smoker and how long in the dehydrator?   Wife loves jerky, dying to use my new MES-40" for more recipes...
It really depends on the cut of meat, if you smoke it wet or pat dry.  This batch was about 3 hours in the smoker and about 7 hours in the dehydrater.  I made some more the other day where they were only in the smoker and that was about 9 hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky