• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Amazen smoker help

johnb5

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 19, 2013
I just got my smoker out to use this weekend and was having a problem keeping it lit. I use it in a Smokin-it #3. I use dust not pellets. I get a good hot cherry on the end. It seems to burn about a row and a half then put it goes. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

sb59

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 27, 2013
When ever there is a problem keeping the amaz. going,no matter what the smoker model I think it is simply starved for oxygen. You need a good vent at the top of the box and enough of a draft at the bottom so the rising heat and smoke draws air over the dust or pellets to keep them smoldering. This is why the mailbox mods. work so well. I gave a quick google at your smoker, try to open your vent full open and removing the external drip pan to let air in thru the weep hole.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
What type, brand, model of smoker do you have?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.