Am I the only one......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
N NGRIdave Pay attention to post 19 , and get info from someone that uses a pellet smoker .
I use mine in an electric , so I can't give you any advice other than lighting it .

I use a 6" tube in the left front corner of my RT 590. There is a probe hole there for some fresh air. As Jim stated, light and let burn for 10 mins and then blow out flame prior to putting in smoker. The 6" gives me about 2-3 hrs additional smoke. I use either Lumberjack or Bear Mountain pellets. I "do" put them in microwave to make sure they are completely dried. 1 min, allow to cool slightly then another minute. Keep an eye on them as they can ignite.

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks for all the help! I can see it a little better in my head with the help ya'll have givin me. Imma give it a try and see what happens. Everyone said the food tasted great and could taste a small amount of smoke but heck... maybe it's just me but... I need that eat the dang smoke flavored plate it came on smoke!!
Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky