Alternative material to wood pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Akwallis

Original poster
May 14, 2022
Though I read for hours on county, state gov, and HOA websites to confirm the wood pellets are permitted one neighbor is still complaining about the wood. I'm mostly interested in switching just to get her off my back since she's been friends with my diance for 10+ years. Does anyone know if there's an alternative to wood material I can sustitute with my z grill??

I've seen charcoal pellets, but I don't know if that's going to help any. I think they were maybe Bear Mountain, but not positive. Hook her up with some good Q, and maybe she'll lighten up.

Not sure that its a good idea to burn something other than what a pellet smoker is designed to burn.

What's her problem? Can you make her some food and get her happier about it - Like DougE DougE said?

Man I think every other house in my neighborhood has a smoker. I smell them all the time...I love it.

Reactions: Akwallis
Though I read for hours on county, state gov, and HOA websites to confirm the wood pellets are permitted one neighbor is still complaining about the wood. I'm mostly interested in switching just to get her off my back since she's been friends with my diance for 10+ years. Does anyone know if there's an alternative to wood material I can sustitute with my z grill??
No replacement for wood or pellet, other than gas. Move your cooker farther back in the yard, or increase exhaust stack length to get the smoke over the bitchy neighbors. Tell them to pound sand and do your thing then have the discussion at the next HOA. Stand your ground for Pete’s sake. Or just. Buy a gasser.

Im a not a pellet user....But arent pellets compressed sawdust?
Can you not use a charcoal grill either? Or is she just a environmental terrorist? I'm just trying to get a grip on her gripe.
Jim

Move your cooker farther back in the yard, or increase exhaust stack length to get the smoke over the bitchy neighbors.
I'd move it closer or maybe even use a fan to help the smoke get over there, then tell her to go choke on a bag of d$%ks when she complained, but that's probably not overly useful advice since the complainer is friends with his woman. The petty things people find to bitch about never cease to amaze me.

I'd move it closer or maybe even use a fan to help the smoke get over there, then tell her to go choke on a bag of d$%ks when she complained, but that's probably not overly useful advice since the complainer is friends with his woman. The petty things people find to bitch about never cease to amaze me.
Yes sir, I’d do even worse, but then again, you and I ain’t city folks. I’d die there or be in prison.

What is the point of have a pellet grill if you cannot use pellet's , if this is all that she has to complain about she needs a new life see if you can introduce her to a man maybe that will solve the issue.

The neighbor would have loved it out here where I'm at a year or two ago. The guy who owns the farm across from me had a bunch of his land cleared and burnt all the trees. There were times I couldn't even see across my yard for the smoke, ashes raining down and all that good stuff, but did I pitch a bitch? No, because it might be me burning next time with all the smoke and ash going his way (which is the way the wind usually blows, anyway).

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Be respectful and make an effort . That's all that can be expected of you since you're playing by the rules . No reason for you to stop smoking because she doesn't like it , but like I said be respectful .
There is nothing else to run a pellet grill except pellets .

What is the point of have a pellet grill if you cannot use pellet's , if this is all that she has to complain about she needs a new life see if you can introduce her to a man maybe that will solve the issue.
You're assuming she wants a man, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: GaryHibbert
I've seen charcoal pellets, but I don't know if that's going to help any. I think they were maybe Bear Mountain, but not positive. Hook her up with some good Q, and maybe she'll lighten up.
Holy hell, you all had amazing advice. Seriously! Thank you!

She brought it up again tipsy as hell at her gdaughter's birthday we were at (had a great time, btw) and I surveyed the room to see reactions before quickly shutting it down. Though fun and loud most of the time I'm, pretty sure the entire family knows she's just a crotchety one.

And the verdict is in - looks like sharing the pork butt won her over. Haha, sharing is half ass caring in this case.

Again, great tips everyone and thank you for saving the day!

Be respectful and make an effort . That's all that can be expected of you since you're playing by the rules . No reason for you to stop smoking because she doesn't like it , but like I said be respectful .
There is nothing else to run a pellet grill except pellets .
Literally the wisest piece of balanced ethical advice I've received in awhile. Hah. Thank you again for the help!

Reactions: zwiller and chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky