Almost ready

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacdots

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ripley WV
Its almost time here in my area to start putting out the garden.I usually wait till the end of May to put anything out however some people here have already started.Ive had my plants frosted too many times and had to replant by bad weather late in the season.I started cleaning up the garden today.I do have and have been eating asparagus in the garden now.I have to repair the electric fence.After removing the charger in late fall the deer move in for the leftovers and tear up the fence.Im lucky having a neighbor down the road who comes and works up my garden every year for free.My space is 50 feet by 80 feet and takes several evenings to get everything out.I cant wait to be tasting fresh vegs from the garden,then we can lots of food to get through winter.I didnt have a garden last summer because I was working 13 hours a day 7 days a week and really missed the canned food this past winter.I hope everyone has good weather and good luck this season,now lets get dirty.

There's nothing like biting into that first fresh tomato
wink.gif

Your right Debbi,Ive bought 24 Better Boy tomato plants and just bought 18 green peppers today.I hope to start getting things going this weekend.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Home Grown Tomato slices........with a small splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt , pepper, and topped with a thin slice of fresh mozzerella and torn basil leaf......oh my, that sounds sooooo good right now
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

I need to get my tomato and pepper plants planted. My soil is all clay and rock and hard to grow anything in it. I've used large planter boxes and have even planted in hay bales with success. I'm thinking about an Earthbox or two and will probably get them this weekend. I love fresh maters' and hot peppers!

Your welcome WV and if you have a bad back like I do it's a God send! Lots of food very litle space and only a lot of work setting it up. After that it's easy!

I was hoping to get everyone all stirred up and ready to plant something
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Our date to be safe to plant is any time after good friday. I usually wait a little longer to be sure.

I didn't want to go to all the trouble to may raised beds this year, so I am trying raised rows. So far they seem to be working real well.

Hope everyone has good weather and lots of fun playing in the dirt.

Hubby got the plants in between last Wednesday and Sunday. I don't think we're 50 x 80, but we're close. We have 84 plants in. We don't even have any bell peppers in yet!!! We'll be sitting right around 100 plants by the time we're done. The rototiller is still sitting down by the garden in case of expansion needs.
PDT_Armataz_01_08.gif

We don't have to worry about deer, but we have bunnies.

Does anyone rotate where you plant your tom's and pep's??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky