• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Alligator smoking

carrie

Joined Aug 17, 2015
I have been wanting to smoke an alligator for a very long time! I found a place online that would ship me an alligator frozen solid. So I called them. My alligator came frozen solid. It took one full day to thaw him.

carrie

Joined Aug 17, 2015
I brined him for a day. I flipped him over in the brine a couple of times when I would add the ice to keep him cold

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
WOW.    Watching this.

Looking good so far.

carrie

Joined Aug 17, 2015
He was delicious!!! Everyone loved him! It tastes like a cross between chicken and turkey.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looks great, wish you had some fork pics.

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Definitely has the Wow factor...nice job!!!
I have never had gator.

Last edited:

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 3, 2015
:points:
Again! Great idea and awesome execution! Wish there was some plated pictures!

litterbug

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 23, 2014
Gator looks great. This is one of those post where I would have loved to seen every little drawn out detail from skinning the gator to spicing it up, and all the way to the dinner plate.

carrie

Joined Aug 17, 2015
Sorry I forgot to get plated pics. The gator comes skinned. Only has skin on hands and feet.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Gator looks great. This is one of those post where I would have loved to seen every little drawn out detail from skinning the gator to spicing it up, and all the way to the dinner plate.
:yeahthat:
:th_Slab_of_meat:

carrie

Joined Aug 17, 2015
Louisiana crawfish company. My gator was 38 pounds. It was about 5ft long. It was $11.95lb shipping is free.

Bummed

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 17, 2016
That really looks amazing, I've always wanted to do that after seeing Bruce from Swamp People always smoking up a feast.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.