ALL AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Texomakid, Thanks! if you have never tried ground brisket for burger meat you have to try it out! Best burgers ever!
Never tried ground brisket. Thawing a packer for smoking this weekend. I was deciding what to do with the point and trim. Maybe a ground?

A trend around here is ground prime rib. Good beefy flavor, but not worth the 3X price compared to good old 80/20 imho.

Never tried ground brisket. Thawing a packer for smoking this weekend. I was deciding what to do with the point and trim. Maybe a ground?

A trend around here is ground prime rib. Good beefy flavor, but not worth the 3X price compared to good old 80/20 imho.
I started gringing packers when beef prices got crazy. I could still get brisket for $1.99-$2.99 lb. Cround Chuck was over $6lb. Now thats all I do. They have great flavor and texture. Just try and keep it in the 80/20 -70/30 range. I like a medium coarse grind. I use a 1/4 " plate. If your only planing on cooking the flat I would say deffinatly get the grinder out for the point and trim. You be happy you did when burger night rolls around!

Flat on the pellet pooper. Point in the cold fridge to decide. Cure was really calling
BUT plans change ... fast
The pooper pooped (that means it stopped holding temp)
Not sure what pooped, but moved brisket and fat trim that was in a separate foil pan to the oven.
All went in a single foil covered pan. Took them to 210° which wasn't my desired temp, but it jumped from 175° when I took a shower (and I don't take long showers).

Sorry to hijack, but I have to rant until I get a new thread started with photos and a call to customer service

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky