ALERT!! New Turkey Temp!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chris, I hope others saw this post before they did their turkeys. Thats the nice thing about keeping the ol' food handlers permit current. You learn new temp guidelines long before the general public learns about it-if it even gets that far. I feel abit remiss as a Moderator for not sharing this update when I learned about it last August. :(

Yersterday, when I probed the bird with the thermometer, my SIL was suprised when I pulled it when it reached 165*. "It's not done, it's not done" she kept telling me. But after dinner she did tell the the white meat was jucier on my bird than on the bird provided by the MIL.

Hey Dutch, we'll let it slide this time
wink.gif

Maybe if you had a Kansas State baseball cap you would do better? :D

That is good news! I gotta say, though, that if your not comfy with pulling the bird at 165* brine it first. I smoked a chicken to 203* that was brined and it was great. I am assuming that what is good for the "turkey" is good for the "chicken".

Thanks for the info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky