Aldi Umami Seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nate52

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 22, 2021
Queensbury, NY
We love these kinds of flavors with anything beef. The wife picked some of this up a while back and I was thinking about using it as a rub for a pulled chucky this weekend.

Anyone tried this stuff? The rest of the internet seems to be divided on if its any good or not. This is my first run at pulled beef, so I might just stick to the trusty SPOG.

umami-seasoning.jpg

Looks good . How salty is it ? I use the Lipton onion mushroom soup mix with beef . I don't add any salt when I do that because it's in the mix already .
I do a lot of beef and pork with no salt , and season after it's pulled .
Keep us posted .

Looks good . How salty is it ? I use the Lipton onion mushroom soup mix with beef . I don't add any salt when I do that because it's in the mix already .
I do a lot of beef and pork with no salt , and season after it's pulled .
Keep us posted .
I actually haven't even opened it yet. It didn't dawn on me to use it until I got into work this morning. I'll try it when I get home tonight, but now its stuck in my mind. :emoji_laughing:

The salt content is the thing I'm most curious about. When I mix something up, I'm pretty comfortable with proportions. I've never really used any kind of pre-mixed seasonings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky