Air leaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mad fisherman

Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Sutton MA 01590
I know it's tough to see in this picture but the cooking chamber door is bowed out a bit after a few trial runs. I guess this is a weak spot now that it's been cut free from the rest of the tank. Is there a good insulation out there that I can use to close that gap up or will I need to heat, bend door back into position then weld on maybe a 1" angle iron frame on the inside of the door to hold the shape?

all advice is welcome

mad_fisherman

Just my opinion but I think you would be happiest bending the door. Insulation may work for a while but will be a reoccurring problem. If you get the door straight you may not need to do anything else.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky