Air fryer bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never done it so not much help, but my one sister-in-law made some once that turned out good. What happened with yours that wasn't to good?

Hey tbern
The first thing it did was fall as soon as I put it in, maybe from the fans? Not sure, then it scorched on the top but I was following a cooking temp I found online so that could
probably be remedied by adjusting the temp.

This isn't something I plan on doing often I was just trying to get through these
95 deg+ Temps we have been having without using my oven.
I guess I'll just have to start baking early in the morning again.

Cal

I did see that some people were putting tinfoil on the top to prevent over cooking the top. Don't know about the falling down part yet??

Looking at some possibilities of the falling; dough too moist, reduce some liquid or add more flour. Too much yeast. Not enough salt. Flour too old. Yeast too old.

These were a few of the things listed to try.

What air fryer are you using ? I have an Emerald 360 , and bake a lot of bread and rolls in it without issue .

1661996051721.jpeg

Hey Chop
My fryer is just a cheap one nothing to get excited about. After some thought about this
I may have been a bit hasty to blame it on the air fryer. The dough was a bit over proofed
when I put it in. I should know better than to go out and mow my lawn when I have bread in the proofer.
Anyways I might try it again, with some adjustments to the cooking temp, and a little more attention to detail. Just for reference what Temps do you use?

Cal

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky