Afterburner gas smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcurrier

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Mid Coast Maine
I asked for (and got) an Afterburner for my ECB Gourmet recently, and installed it last Friday night.  Did a test run on Sat and it worked great, then smoked a butt on it on Sunday.  Really like the conversion, not sure if I will use it on the smaller/ quicker things as I enjoy tending a fire for a while, and will continue to use my kettle for those things.  The butt turned out great (sorry no photos- my camera was at work) started a 9 lb er at 0700 and ran it at 250-260.  At 1215 I was reading 190+./

I pulled it off and put it in a covered foil pan in the oven to rest a while, pulled it and ate sammies for dinner with a little slaw.

Happy and think the afterburner is a good product-

icon_cool.gif

Now I'm not to sure about this one but can you post a photo of this thing and we can see this thing. Maybe one in action too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky