ADVICE: Need a new grill - Weber vs. Char-Griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a 22.5" Weber Grill. I've used it as a charcoal griller. I've also used it to smoke ribs and briskets by offsetting the heat. I love my Weber.

Check out Barbecueweb.com on Youtube.

Wishing you well on your selection.

The versatility and simplicity of the Weber is a thing of beauty. Even if you have other grills/smokers/cookers, a Weber is indispensable. 22.5" in. works for most things and IMHO they WAY overprice the 27". If you get a used 22.5" spend the extra $20 and get the hinged grate at Lowes/Home Depot. The Silver works just fine but I can see the convenience added by the Gold series. Bottom line: a 22.5" One Touch Silver will set you back $90 brand new. How can you go wrong? 
I also added the enclosed ash catcher to mine because I was tired of the hassle of removing the ash pan, dumping the ashes, and placing it back on the legs again. I love the greater volume of ash the enclosed ash catcher has but I admit it's even more of a hassle replacing the thing after I dump the ashes out because you've got to line up three different slots to turn it to the proper position. However, it's much better only having to dump ashes after about 5 grilling uses than after every grilling. I also bought a Weber pizza stone  but see no need to buy the Weber Gourmet BBQ System where buying the cooking grate and all the accessories will run into bucks.

Why are people still posting on this thread.????. it is 3 years old and the guy bought the weber on the first page of the thread... this is something I don't like about this forum.....

Thanks

Why are people still posting on this thread.????. it is 3 years old and the guy bought the weber on the first page of the thread... this is something I don't like about this forum.....

Thanks
Guess we're having fun extolling the virtues of Weber charcoal grills.

Thanks
This is one of the better ones.

I like to think of it a SMF's favorite sport, resurrecting old threads to post a comment confirming the other comments.

BTW somebody recently uncovered one from 2006, a moldy oldie for sure.

I would not read it if the email that lists "new posts" included the date of the original message and you did not have to open it only to find out it is a thread that is four years old.

Thank you.
You can edit your preferences so you don't get those email notifications, just go  to Edit Account Details in the upper right corner of your profile page.

spend extra ,buy for life ,  look into kamado joe  smoker   you will not be disappointed.

Thought I might add a little something. I have a Weber Genesis Silver gas grill, 12 years old. Showing some rust here and there, but still very dependable. I smoked some shoulder chops on it last night for a couple hours, because I didn't feel like tending a fire on my NB smoker, which I've had for 15 years and is starting to peel paint. Planning on doing a little refurbish soon. Contrary to what a lot don't understand, you can definitely add smoke flavor on gas grill. 

Loves me my Weber! And my New Braunfel! After reading some of the restoration stories on this site, and looking at what's out there, I'm keeping it and cleaning it up a bit. I may not grill and smoke as much as some here, but I do put dog years on my equipment. I grill and smoke year round, and thankfully have a covered porch.

And I read every comment here! 
biggrin.gif

Thought I might add a little something. I have a Weber Genesis Silver gas grill, 12 years old. Showing some rust here and there, but still very dependable. I smoked some shoulder chops on it last night for a couple hours, because I didn't feel like tending a fire on my NB smoker, which I've had for 15 years and is starting to peel paint. Planning on doing a little refurbish soon. Contrary to what a lot don't understand, you can definitely add smoke flavor on gas grill. 

Loves me my Weber! And my New Braunfel! After reading some of the restoration stories on this site, and looking at what's out there, I'm keeping it and cleaning it up a bit. I may not grill and smoke as much as some here, but I do put dog years on my equipment. I grill and smoke year round, and thankfully have a covered porch.

And I read every comment here! 
biggrin.gif
Grill and smoke year round on your covered porch? How I envy you!

Wow, when posting this I was leaning towards the Char-griller cause I was excited about getting an off-set smoker out of it too... but now I'm leaning towards the Weber.

I've done a lot of researching too, and that kettle seems like a badass. Especially cause I might get one off craigslist now for cheap
icon_mrgreen.gif
. Plus I'm perfectly happy with my GOSM.

Thanks to all that have replied!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I'm going to throw this out there even though it's about $100 more than you want to spend it's also way more grill than either posted above and be ordered through Costco online.
Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow Charcoal Grill can be used as a grill or offset smoker.
1620363729364.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky