ADVICE: Need a new grill - Weber vs. Char-Griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy cow. I originally posted the question over 4 years ago and I'm still getting replies!

Haven't been to the forum in a long time, but I kept getting emails about all the replies haha.

Anyways I did get a weber 4 years ago and love it. Along with my weber genesis and weber smokey mountain... Haha

This thread will still be going in 20 years and we'll all still be using the same Webers! We'll all need walkers and blend our briskets into little pieces so we don't have to chew them, but the Weber will work like a charm!

Weber = Cadillac

CG = Ford

REC TEC = Mercedes Benz

I've owned them all and enjoyed all three. The REC TEC is a pellet smoker/grill so it is a different animal.

My humble opinion...RTB..
439.gif

Definitely Char-Griller. I have one with the fire box & can't imagine not having anything but this kind of set-up. I am cooking something almost every weekend & it is so versatle, so much more than the Weber. I love Webers too but cook way more on my Char-Griller than I was ever abl;e to on any of my 3 Webers.  I still have a weber I use for camping...

Well I'll be!! Not seeing the Weber I'd have said the CG Smokin Pro all the way, Guess I need to check out the Weber also..

Well I did look at the Weber which I guess would be fine for grilling and easy cleaning, But I prefer the Cast Iron grates of the CG and the add on fire box, but thanks for a different Idea..

Don't let the looks of the Weber grates fool you, they last. I thought the same thing when I got my first kettle, I have maybe 6 years on the original grates and I use it hard, three to 5 nights a week in the summer, once a week in the winter. Although it is now my "traveling " grill now that I have a premier and a WSM. Don't think it's only for grilling either, indirect grilling/smoking is fairly easy to do as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky