Advice for a date stamp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
This probably doesn't belong to this section but I could not figure out which section it should be...
I could not find any info about this on this forum so I am in a search for a date stamp which can be applied to plastic bags. Kind of tired of writing down dates on sealed bags with a permanent marker... I googled it, check Amazon and other web sites but could not find stamps (with decent price) which allow it's ink to adhere to plastic bags. The ink just smear of the bags right after stamp is applied. Don't want to spent too much for this but something around $15 is reasonable. I guess... Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you, GRILLZNTN. Interesting that I entered a "date stamp" into a search field on this forum but my search came back empty.... Anyways, that thread (the link within the thread) offers to me the same stuff I found online earlier. I think I need to search for "permanent ink" rather then "permanent stamp". Thank you, again!

Thank you, GRILLZNTN. Interesting that I entered a "date stamp" into a search field on this forum but my search came back empty.... Anyways, that thread (the link within the thread) offers to me the same stuff I found online earlier. I think I need to search for "permanent ink" rather then "permanent stamp". Thank you, again!

When in doubt try google:

site:smokingmeatforums.com "date stamp"

Anytime you use "site:" and put the website after then the search results will ONLY search across that website domain.
If you use double quotes around a word or term "" then that term MUST/should be in the results hence
site:smokingmeatforums.com "date stamp"

Searches this website (forum) for all/any posts that contain the exact matching term "date stamp".

You will notice that 5grillz post is the 1st one in the search results returned :emoji_sunglasses:

Miseyo Self Inking Date Stamp - Black Ink (2 Refill Ink pad Included)
Thank you, John. I went through almost all date stamps Amazon has but non of them proved to have ability be a "permanent', another words, they don't work on plastic... I found a Permanent, acid free, water/fade resistant and fast drying on almost any surface ink which is $30. https://www.rubberstampchamp.com/products/all-purpose-permanent-marking-kit/
Maybe this is what I need. Thank you everyone for your help.

I know nothing about their the stamper's ability to print on plastic, but having had similar problems with other things, the easy solution is to simply place some masking tape on the thing to be labeled and stamp the tape. The placement and beauty of the tape don't matter, so you can simply rip, stick, stamp, and store.

You could always buy blank mailing labels at Walmart and print/stamp/write on them as needed. Little more clean looking than masking tape. If you wanted you could print up a bunch with whatever info, and then leave space to hand write the dates. I know you can find those labels in a variety of sizes.

Thanks for the tip on searching, tallbm. Much appreciated.

Ditto on that tallbm, thanks.

No problem! You would be amazed if you knew just how much stuff you could do with a google search. The amount of info out there is staggering... being able to effectively find it is a priceless skill, and everyone can do it! :D

You could always buy blank mailing labels at Walmart and print/stamp/write on them as needed.
Thanks, krj. My intend was to make a process of putting a date on a vac sealed bag much easier, simpler and faster - just to use a date stamp. Nothing else. Looks like there is only way to achieve this is to invest little more (to buy Permanent, acid free, water/fade resistant and fast drying on almost any surface ink) which is $30 plus a stamp with an ink pad - all around $40-45. Another option is to leave everything as is....and continue to use a permanent ink sharpie. Not too many options, right? :emoji_disappointed:
Anyways, I really thank you all, who tried to help me!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky