Adding more starter to dough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

halleoneagain

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 20, 2022
Eastern Washington
I was web browsing last night on how to add more sourdough starter to a bread recipe, and to then make the needed adjustments in the amounts of water/flour for proper hydration. A lot of percentages were given, and how to calculate all of it. I thought I bookmarked a particularly good article, but of course, this morning I can't find it. Guess I didn't bookmark it after all. I don't know if it was here on SMF, or elsewhere. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Most likely the easy sourdough sandwich bread from The Clever Carrot. Or one of the basic boule recipes. I have read that more starter = less sour finished product, and that is what I'm aiming for. And being a tightwad, I'd rather use more starter and have less to discard. ??

Most likely the easy sourdough sandwich bread from The Clever Carrot. Or one of the basic boule recipes. I have read that more starter = less sour finished product, and that is what I'm aiming for. And being a tightwad, I'd rather use more starter and have less to discard. ??
It all depends on how sour you like your bread. Yes more starter can mean less sour. The CC recipe is good, if you follow hers to the "T" You cant go wrong.

Put your discard in a mason jar and fridge it, you won't have to feed for weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky