Adding cheese to pepperoni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lspencer23

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
So i have my pepperoni mix in the fridge to sit over night. Im planning on stuffing the casing's tomorrow but i think i would like to add cheese to it.what is the best way to do this? Add shredded cheese to the mix rite now? And what cheese works best for this? Thank's in advance

I would love to add chest to my next batch also. I can't answer your question but please let us know how it worked out.

IS23, High temp cheese works the best, I have cubed  cheddar and used that in sausage before with good results. Keep your temps LOW or the cheese will melt out along with the fat .

Like CM said, high temp cheese is the best way, but some of the guys have used regular cheese with good results.

Either way you are going to want it cubed.

Al

Last edited:
Cm and Al. Thank you for the info. Another question just out of curiosity. In your opinion is there any cheese you would avoid. Either beause of taste texture etc..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky