Adding a Afterburner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gooose53

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
Ok, I went and ordered a Afterburner to turn my Charbroil H20 into gas! Should be here in the next 3-4 days. Web site is www.gassmoker.com and they are great to do business with. I thought I had ordered it assembled but when the order was emailed to me I noticed it was ordered as a kit. Not that I couldn't have put it together....I just didn't want to mess with it for the $5 increase in price. Anyway, when I emailed Ed he said no problem and my order still went out the same day. Also found a iron handle-less skillet (10x7)to use for the smoking wood for about $10. Looking forward to using it.....anyone have one and can offer any advice as to what not to do with the operation of the Afterburner?

I have the v burner for my Brinkman Gourmet Charcoal, and it is great...Get yourself a couple of cans of apple juice( the 44 oz ones I think)and use the cans for your smoking wood...Ed actually puts a bend in the supports for the juice can..and it works perfectly...I keep a second can loaded just in case I need it..The needle valve that comes with the unit gives you all the control you will need...
If you have any problems..call ED...he is great! I live in the mountains and was not getting the kind of flame I needed, so ed sent me two different jets to try, and that solved the problem..(free of charge, I might add)
I also had mine shipped assembled...much easier that way!
I love mine!, and you will not be sorry you got one!
Podevil

I agree with what everyone else said ... I love mine!
Mine came assembled even though I thought I was getting the do-it-yourself version. I was trying to save money due to the shipping costs to Canada!
I have also discovered that if you wrap a piece of foil over the end of the can holding the wood chunks and punch a few small holes in it, there is a lot less chance of your wood igniting to flame. I get more smoke using less wood doing this.
Keep us informed of your experience with it ... eh?
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I gutted my old turkey fryer, cut a hole in the bottom of my GOSM, and made a simple bracket to bolt the burner to. I reduced the size of the charcoal pan slightly and raised it about 1.5". Now I use the burner to preheat the smoker while the charcoal chimney is doing it's thing then shut off the gas and do the first few hours with charcoal. When I get tired of jack'n around with the charcoal or after I foil, I light the gas burner..."Set it and forget it" I have used it a few times with just gas. The original fire pan works fairly well for smoke.

what kinda temps are you guys getting with this unit i was thinking of getting one was hoping i could get low temps around 120 or below for sausage and up to 350 or more for que glad you guys like yours after the new i may buy one no matter what the temps are i have heard good reports about this unit thanks for your help

huey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky