• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Acorn

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
Hey team,
I just scored a like new acorn for $75 .. I bought the smoking stone and I am ready to start a q this weekend..
Any tips!!!

PerazziMx14

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 22, 2017
1st couple of cooks do easy stuff like burgers and/or sausage links to learn the cooker.

For lighting I use denatured alcohol. I buy a gallon at a time and put it in a clear condiment bottle. Pile in the lump inject a ounce or two of alcohol and light. No off taste, works a treat and is inexpensive.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Or maybe some ABT's...cant screw them up and get a feel for it at the same time.

Bill

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
So a small amount of lump lit it at 2 pm
Still sitting at 300 has not moved at all.
Think I’m in love!!! My wsm’s Are afraid..

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
I have my sites set at something green and egg shaped!

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
OOH!...OOH! I know...Avocado....Eggplant. Tell me if i'm getting warm...

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
Egg.. I may have to sell my Weber collection. A ranch for a big green egg?? Maybe

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Hell,pop the caps off your Akorn,pull out insulation and pour in refractory cement.

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
So fast forward may 2018. I use it twice a month.. I keep it covered and spray veg oil on it to protect the finish.. so last sat I uncovered it to find a few white patches on the dome.. it looks like the clear coat is separating.. anyone ever see this?

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.