About The Coolest Christmas Exchange Gift Ever (2 Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Over the past several years I've done Christmas exchanges with a lot of folks here and all have been a fantastic time. This year in the SMF exchange I had the honor of being paired up with our very good friend Warren ( HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ). Not only was this a ton of fun, it was also somewhat difficult for both of us. Kinda hard to figure out gifts for somebody with little or nothing they need or lack for as well as knowing little or nothing about the person. I tried to put together a nice package for him but it was wracking my brain to come up with stuff. Well, I got his package a couple of days ago and was blown away. There was an amazing assortment of regional goodies in there that I'd never seen or heard of but I'm gonna love using. As I was getting the last item out of the box, I was left pretty much speechless. He'd indicated that he was waiting for his wife to finish up something before he could get the box sent out. No problem at all...I'm patient. I was expecting cookies or something of the sort. What she created for me was about the most thoughtful and creative gift I've ever received. The personal touch to it just kinda blew me away.

012.jpg

013.jpg

The personal aspect of this takes on a whole different meaning for me. Tracy is huge into crafting, primarily quilting though. I'm well aware of the time and effort that goes into making something like this. To go to that length for a total stranger is beyond words. All I can say is THANK YOU and I sure wish the world had more people in it like yourselves. It'd be a far better place, that's for sure. This was just too cool and I had to share. Now I just have to figure out if I'm gonna use it and chance messing it up or build a nice glass enclosed frame for it and display it on the patio. I'd sure hate to set this thing on fire...and I tend to do things like that once in a while :emoji_laughing:

Happy New Year everybody!!
Robert

Outstanding gift! Handmade items are always special. I know, Thanks Robert...JJ

That's a really nice gift Warren,

Chris

That’s a pretty neat and thoughtful gift from Warren.

With your desire to go au naturale, I could see some pretty interesting tan lines happening soon!

• Haha
Reactions: HalfSmoked
That is incredibly thoughtful. Wonder if his wife could make a living selling custom things on here??? If she is up for it count me in!!! That is really cool.

That is one awesome gift, Warren. Personal is always appreciated. Robert, thanks for sharing. Happy New Year everyone!

That is incredibly thoughtful. Wonder if his wife could make a living selling custom things on here??? If she is up for it count me in!!! That is really cool.

Thanks for the thought but she uses it for R&R if turned into a business it would take the fun out of it.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky