1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

About Smoked Beef Short Ribs

Discussion in 'Beef' started by andrew8989, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:05 AM.

1. andrew8989

andrew8989 Newbie

hi guys its so weird!, im already smoked with offset smoker ( own Build )
    there is not even tender! i try it already 4 short ribs!, and all i throw it.

cook at 9.30 AM (before i season already overnight with salt and paper and yellow mustard ) until 14.30 PM after that i foil it for another 4 hours! total cook at offset smoker plus wrap it foil for 8-9 hours.. but its not tender and juicy.. anyone know my mistake??? please let me know.. im so frustrated lol.

i spritz it every 30 minute with apple juice & apple cider vinegar 50 50 and cook at 230-250F ( using Australian beef )

even my probe at meat 200F its not tender.

because my meat not good? or any cause?

thx guys , very need ur reply.. ( sorry my bad English )

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM
  2. radio

radio Smoking Fanatic

If I am reading correctly, you cooked them for a total of about 9 hours. Very possibly way over cooked and dried out like jerky . were they individual ribs, or several connected together?
    Also check your thermometer(s) with the ice water and/or boiling water test to check for accurate readings. They should have been tender somewhere around the 6 hour mark

3. andrew8989

andrew8989 Newbie

@radio

yes, connected together so jerky.. dry and chewy. so its better cook naked for 3 hours and the rest 3 hours wrap it out with foil?

is it possible i braised the brisket for 4 hours, and the rest i smoked?

thx for ur reply sir!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 10:31 AM