A Tasty Find

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chew2475

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 28, 2014
Connecticut
So I was running into the store today to grab some butter that was on sale and of course I have to swing by the meat section along the way cruising for a deal. I stumbled across something they had labeled as pork back rib pieces that were marked down an additional $4.00. Since I had nothing taken out for dinner I figured what the heck. Brought them home and seasoned them up with one of rubs in the cabinet. Normally I do some version of the 3-2-1 method for ribs but had a lot to do today so just figured I would throw them on for the Camp Chef for 3 hours at 225 and then baste them lightly with some bbq sauce and finish them off on the grill for 20-30 minutes. Well I have to say these came out great and the family said probably one of my top 2 best ribs ever made. Well it didn't take long for them to vanish and me to run back to the store to see if they had any more. I was luck and grabbed 2 more packages. Sorry I don't have more pics of the precook but wasn't planning on doing this today. However, it was a good day here in CT.

pork ends 2.jpg
pork ends 3.jpg
pork ends 4.jpg
pork ends 5.jpg

Looks great, has any body ever ran into a store and only came out with what they went after? I swear I can go after a loaf of bread and before you know it I have a buggy full, tried just the little picnic basket but it always morphs into a buggy WTH lmao

Reactions: chew2475
Looks great, has any body ever ran into a store and only came out with what they went after? I swear I can go after a loaf of bread and before you know it I have a buggy full, tried just the little picnic basket but it always morphs into a buggy WTH lmao

I hear you there. Usually I don't get much more than originally planned for but a good deal like chew got is hard to pass up. For me it is usually something sweet that is my downfall or an unexpected good deal on some meat to que.

So I was running into the store today to grab some butter that was on sale and of course I have to swing by the meat section along the way cruising for a deal. I stumbled across something they had labeled as pork back rib pieces that were marked down an additional $4.00. Since I had nothing taken out for dinner I figured what the heck. Brought them home and seasoned them up with one of rubs in the cabinet. Normally I do some version of the 3-2-1 method for ribs but had a lot to do today so just figured I would throw them on for the Camp Chef for 3 hours at 225 and then baste them lightly with some bbq sauce and finish them off on the grill for 20-30 minutes. Well I have to say these came out great and the family said probably one of my top 2 best ribs ever made. Well it didn't take long for them to vanish and me to run back to the store to see if they had any more. I was luck and grabbed 2 more packages. Sorry I don't have more pics of the precook but wasn't planning on doing this today. However, it was a good day here in CT.

View attachment 448091
View attachment 448092
View attachment 448093
View attachment 448094
Pleasant surprises are the best. They look delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky