A pellet smoker that actually smokes meat??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
66468637994__41D3FABC-2D9C-4A03-842E-BEB0FEB57D10.jpg
IMG_4967.jpg
IMG_4964.jpg

OK, I have nothing to compare it to, but wow, I am impressed with the SmokeFire. I put some drip pans under the meat but it turned out so well. Great smoke flavor. Pulled Pork was awesome. I feel like the bark turned out awesome. I am working my way to brisket and can't wait to smoke some more meat. First impressions of the grill though are through the roof.

Looks great! Nice smoke ring. That's one thing I wish I could pull off in the MES.

View attachment 523269View attachment 523270View attachment 523271
OK, I have nothing to compare it to, but wow, I am impressed with the SmokeFire. I put some drip pans under the meat but it turned out so well. Great smoke flavor. Pulled Pork was awesome. I feel like the bark turned out awesome. I am working my way to brisket and can't wait to smoke some more meat. First impressions of the grill though are through the roof.
Very nice cook.....I think it is fair to say that you are hooked......

Oh if/when you try a beef chuck roast, put some beef broth and wine in your drip pan, then when its time to wrap it just put it in the pan with all the goodies.... YUM!

Reactions: MrAhmerGamer
Turned out great . They do a great job and I think the smoke flavor is really good . The open design makes a difference I think .
I really like mine and enjoy using it . They do have a low hopper alarm , if the pellets get low . I just keep mine evened out as the cook goes along . I did remove the guard , but didn't notice much difference . If you decide to remove the guard , do it one screw at a time , and replace the screws before removing the next one . They hold other parts underneath the hopper .

I did remove the guard , but didn't notice much difference .
I been kicking around the idea of removing the hopper guard on my Camp Chef. Once the pellet level gets below the guard, it's a real PITA to level the pellets off, and also makes emptying toe hopper to change pellets a royal pain. I keep a little back scratcher in my hopper that fits through the holes in the guard to rake the pellets around, but just removing the guard seems like a better solution.

I been kicking around the idea of removing the hopper guard on my Camp Chef. Once the pellet level gets below the guard, it's a real PITA to level the pellets off, and also makes emptying toe hopper to change pellets a royal pain.............

I took the guard out of mine before I ever fired it up and have been very happy that way.

Reactions: DougE
I took the guard out of mine before I ever fired it up and have been very happy that way.
It's gotta be a heck of a lot easier to shift the pellets back over the depression the auger makes in the hopper, and a whole lot easier to get most of the pellets out when you want to change what you're burning.

View attachment 523269View attachment 523270View attachment 523271
And not to leave the thread starter out, looks like you hit it outta the park. Nicely done!

Reactions: MrAhmerGamer
I have a wsm and a kettle and smoke meats on them frequently. But for xmas my wife got me a traeger pro575. I will tell you it's super easy to cook on but u have smoke at 165 for a few hours to get this smoked flavor. I also use a smoke tube aswell. Other then that I have been very happy with this grill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky