A New Build: 24x30 Vertical Offset - A Custom Build For JLeonard!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, time to step back, take a breath, and wait on a truck to arrive. Glad the welder folks are doing you right and replacing it.
And it looks like that handle Will fit perfect in Bryce’s hand when I need to move it!
Jim

Lol yeah I shoulda got Bryce’s hand measurement before I built it! I shoulda known he’d be doing all the moving. :emoji_wink:

Red

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Evening Friends!

This update is well past due! You may recall that the main control board on my welder blew (for the second time) last month. Since it was still under warranty, and since it's a Lincoln, which has always had the reputation of standing behind their products, they decided to send my a new machine. The new machine was back ordered, and it took 3 full weeks to get it.

So anyway, after taking care of some non-welding honey-do projects, I got back to finishing up Jim's smoker over the last couple days.

That last chore I finished was a pull handle. I got that all welded out, and started on a work shelf/table for the front of the cabinet.

Started with a basic frame.

img130.jpg

Added expanded metal.

img131.jpg

I got that braced up and welded in place today. It's a 10" x 40" fixed shelf/table.

img132.jpg

img133.jpg

Unless I've forgotten something, I have 1 item left on my checklist: I have to get the stack cut and welded in place, and fabricate a pivoting damper/rain cap to go on top of the stack. I hope to work in the shop again tomorrow. This last chore shouldn't take more than a couple hours - barring snags. Once that's complete, I will be ready to do a couple test burns in this thing to see how it performs! If all goes well, I'll be ready to prep it for paint very soon!

I'm hoping it'll be ready for Jim to take possession in maybe a couple weeks!

Thanks for dropping in!

Red

Guess I need to start stalking JLeonard JLeonard Jim... Steal his identity and looks... Gonna go to seenred seenred 's house and pretend I'm Jim and take delivery of his smoker...

Jim, I'll let you know how it works and what your missing out on when I do a review of it !!!...

Man... That's going to be a killer smoker...
When you take my identity you gotta take the bills and the bottomless pit of a 16 yr old also! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Man Joel it is looking better and better! I guess I better start hitting my amazon wish list for the odds and ends I need! Looking forward to getting it and learning it. And the durn grocery stores need to start running some sales!

Jim

Sounds great Red! Jim's gonna be one happy camper!

Ryan

Looks great Joel, and like Ryan said ^^^^, Jim will be pleased with that for sure.

Jim start brining things now as it will be home soon, lol

David

Looks awesome can’t wait for the test burn and finished paint. He’s gonna love it for sure.

Thank you Gentlemen! If it performs as good as I'm thinking, I believe Jim will be very happy.

Red

Guess I need to start stalking JLeonard JLeonard Jim... Steal his identity and looks... Gonna go to seenred seenred 's house and pretend I'm Jim and take delivery of his smoker...

Jim, I'll let you know how it works and what your missing out on when I do a review of it !!!...

Man... That's going to be a killer smoker...

LMAO good one Keith! :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_laughing:

I'm imagining the look on Jim's face when he shows up at my place to get his smoker...and I say, "but Jim - you already picked it up!" :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Thanks Keith!

Red

• Haha
When you take my identity you gotta take the bills and the bottomless pit of a 16 yr old also! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Man Joel it is looking better and better! I guess I better start hitting my amazon wish list for the odds and ends I need! Looking forward to getting it and learning it. And the durn grocery stores need to start running some sales!

Jim

Good thing about this huge rig - you'll be able to cook enough food to feed that bottomless pit! :emoji_wink:

For sure - it won't be long now...

Red

• Love
Im debating between "The Mississippi Queen" and "The Lindy" in homage to Joels avatar. Unless someone else comes up with something better.

Jim

Either would be pretty good - although technically...the name of the dive Dangerfield does in Back to School was "The Triple Lindy". And ya know...the name of Dangerfield's character in Caddyshack (my avatar is a screenshot from that movie) was Al Czervik...

"Big Al" wouldn't be too bad.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky