A-Maze-N vs ProQ Cold Smoke Generators

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Guys,

I don't think anybody is intentionally keeping any competitors out.  Mac has a good product, but my "Very Biased Opinion" says mine is just a little better.
icon_smile.gif
  There's plenty of room for us both to play in the sandbox.

I'm a little frustrated by the "Misinformation" out there about my AMNS, but common sense will prevail!

I stated the "Facts" about my A-MAZE-N-SMOKER and am still waiting for the "Facts" to be posted regarding the ProQ.  Once the facts are posted, I have no problem comparing the units, but let's compare "Apples to Apples" upfront, and have some kind of guideline to go by for testing.

Country of Origin?

U.S. Patent Pending?

Construction Materials?

U.S. or Foreign Company?

Replacement Sawdust?

Etc, Etc....

There's nothing wrong with getting the facts.......

Todd

Last edited:
Dan,

No offense taken, just had to clear the air a little.

I thought the charcoal mazes looked industrial and rugged, so I stayed on that path.

It's All Good!

Todd

allrighty........i will preface my up-in-coming series of posts with "it is not my intention to insult anyone and if i do, i apologize ahead of time" and i will try not to stir up anything........like last time.
icon_redface.gif

remember i have a dry sense of humor............

ian...........i drive an F-350 and no foreign auto maker can even come close......and never will!

I admire your patriotism guys, but fact is Toyota and other "foreign countires (not too sure about Datsun) are now market leaders in the USA, for no other reason that they make great products.

Ian

Ian,

If you would like to send me one of your units to compare to the A-Maze-N Smoker I would be more than happy to test them side by side and post my findings with pictures.
gotta love a girl who will take on the one for the team...............ian, squirrely girlely is pretty new here and IMNSHO would be a great candidate..........

My choice is based on what I feel is of higher quality in product....... I'm not saying PROQ isn't............
i have seen their smokers (tripple stacked) in action at competitions and they actually looked better than our beloved WSM's.............well made, can't comment on customer service. we all know about weber's CS.......................

I would test a Toyota, if they gave me one try, but I'd have to go to another town, so my friends wouldn't see me driving it
icon_redface.gif
. Then after it fell apart from trying to tow with it, I'd have to go back to my Ram anyway.

If Philly didn't have a team, it would be Pittsburg.
i guess some like a 6 hole oil burner............at least ya got one right......go stillers!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Wow you're a real friendly bunch on here.

I'd be more than happy to send one of our units out, for free, to anybody that will give a non-biased, honest review.

However I don't honestly believe that will change anyones opinion on this forum, based on the comments so far, even if the ProQ out-performed it tenfold.

If anyone is serious about giving and honest review, please feel free to PM me.

Ian
wow........and your in the biz of selling things? granted there wasn't a ticker tape parade for yer arival but that's not going to work.

and i am friendly.........just ask scarbelly, i even let him out from being pinned behind the table last time he was over!

Perhaps Todd would be willing to send out a sample to the same people I am sending to, as neither of them has tried either unit, I think we would then get a fair comparison.
i agree............

Jeeze you guys I kinda hard on this chap.....

But the key to staying in front of a competitor is not keeping them out, but letting them in and doing battle in the open market place... so let the tests begin and lets get the information out there for people to evaluate, and lets not chase Ian off...
i kinda agree on the first ..................and yup on the 2nd.

gotta good point...........wanna do some throwdowns ian?
I have to agree with Bear, It appears the only reason Macsbbq is here is to sell his product... I see no other participation in any of his posts. 

see.........that wasn't so bad!

ian, i am a chef and have been in the biz for over 25 yrs but i have only been smoking for a couple. i will say that i do have an AMS and while i do like it, if yours was better i would use it no matter if i liked todd.....or if he was my brother(he's not). you see, i am all about performance, i prefer my 4star henckels over any other knife......but only the 4 star line. i wouldn't own any other line of henckel........but that's just me. for you to say that your smoker wouldn't get a fair shake here, well...........you have made a misjudgment that i hope you will learn from, your business depends upon it. good luck ian and i sincerely mean it.

chef rob

Last edited:
Would you prefer neither are able to post and only able to purchase advertising to SMF?

No I would not prefer neither are able to post. I do however prefer this forum not be used for the sole purpose of selling one's product, with a little copy-cat accusation thrown in.

When the new platform started, many complained about the ads on the sides. I did not, because I can ignore them. I see no problem with the way Todd did it. He has been a member for a long time, making posts to ask smoking questions, answer smoking questions, and to compliment others. Then he experimented for a long time on various types of smoke generators. He gave out 15 of them for people to try, asking for feed-back. We all did so. He made changes according to some of the feed-back. We all bragged about his product---Todd remained silent. I have not noticed any posts from Todd where he pushed his product. If someone asked him a question, and nobody else answered it, he would answer it. That is about it for his "pushing" his product.

As for the other guy, that is a different story. One of the first posts he made was, as bmudd said, [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]"Looks like the copies have begun", accusing Todd of copying his wire cage thing with Todd's Stainless Steel thing. I knew about this accusation for a long time, because it is in one of my threads "My First Cheese Smoke". In that thread I even told him to PM Todd if he was interested in buying an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER, because I thought he was a regular SMF member, and he asked how much they were. Then it dawned on me that he was accusing Todd of copying his wire mesh cage. I never forgot that, because if a guy wants to accuse somebody of something, he should do it straight up---not with remarks like that, in my thread to boot. That was all he said in that thread. Nothing about my smoked cheese, like how it was done, what he would have done differently, how good it looked--Nope nothing like that----Just "Looks like the copies have begun" and How much is this "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER".[/color]

So if anyone thinks I was being hard on the guy, this should explain some of my reasoning for my feelings toward him. He is not here to do the things we do. He is not interested in helping others or being helped by others. He is here to sell his product. His product should be on the side of our pages, because he is in no way a member of this wonderful community. If you go by what he has posted on this forum, he has never smoked one ounce of meat, and isn't interested in doing so. And he couldn't care less about any of the things any of us do & post for each other.

These are the facts as I know them. If I'm wrong in feeling that way, so be it.

Thank You,

Bearcarver

the story behind the story........thx bear.

i still want to see these two side by side or as you put it..... SMOKO VS.  SMOKO

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

i still want to see these two side by side or as you put it..... SMOKO VS.  SMOKO
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
LMFAO!!!!! = What's this mean?

Still learning lingo

Thx!

Todd

Last edited:
the story behind the story........thx bear.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
I agree, but it should showcase ALL of what they can do, like:

construction materials

Performance under 100˚ (cold-smoking)

Performance at 180˚  Salmon, beef sticks, etc

Performance at 200˚ Finishing many things like some sausages, dried beef, Canadian Bacon, etc

Performance at 225˚ Pulled pork butts, brisket, chuckies, etc

How easy they are to clean

Size (how much room they take up compared to how much smoke they put out) length of time smoking per square inch of smoker.

Let's compare apples to apples.

Then let the games begin,

Bear

IMHO, I believe it's good to have venders be apart of these forums providing they play well with each other. They should be posting not only thgeir product but howto use them efficiently and videos of demonstrations smoking different products would be nice. They should not be allowed to discuss the short comings or flaws of other products.They should be focused on feilding questions on their products.  I'm not saying this has happened. I'm syaing it shouldn't happen. Tell us what it is, how it works, all the features. Pass some out if you wish. All this with the permission of the forum owner and moderators blessing. This forum is a diverse crowd and I believe a fair crowd. Honestly if the two do the same thing , are equal in build and cost along with customer support, you may find as Americans folks go with a USA made product. Some will do so anyway. Thats patriotism and you won't ever avoid that. As Todd stated, both can co habitate in this big world. But do it with integrity and don't worry about the other guys success or failures within the forum walls, worry about yours. Better yet, worry about the customers success using your product and service #1!

You will find that folks will gravitate to both. So lets start seeing some smoking with your products. Show us what you have and show us some Qview!

Sorry for the long post...
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky