A-Maze-N pellets/dust

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

migraine

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Sacramento, California
I just finished smoke 50lbs of cheese and I'm running low on A-Maze-n pellets/dust and I can't find Todd's website. It comes back a pit boss. Has he sold out or out of business. All I can find are small boxes and I want 20lbs packs or 10lb if I have to. Or, is he no longer a direct sales and I have to buy from a distributor with their band on his pellets?
If the about is true, who still makes 100% true wood pellets now ?(no blended stuff like Bear Mountain.
I'm in NorCal(Sacramento) so access has never been easy for the good pellets/dust...at a decent price.
Thank you in advance, brian

I believe Todd sold a-maze-n to a bigger company. If you do a search on here you'll find a few threads about making your own dust. I think daveomak daveomak has one that allot of folks follow.

Chris

Easy to make your own. I use those throw away foil pans, and pour in a generous amount of pellets and soak them in water. Leave them somewhere dry for a few days, and check them occasionally. You'll know when they are dry. Voila, pellet dust.

Easy to make your own. I use those throw away foil pans, and pour in a generous amount of pellets and soak them in water. Leave them somewhere dry for a few days, and check them occasionally. You'll know when they are dry. Voila, pellet dust.
thank you for the reply. More than anything, I want to find a supplier for 100% pure wood specie pellets. Such as 100% cherry, not a blend of cherry and another wood(s) like maple/oak/etc. I just spoke/chat with pit boss and theirs are blends of 100% hardwood, not 100% of the flavor wood, such as Todd's were. When specking, they were very careful to not respond with to the exact question I asked and beat around the bush with different answers(like politicians or Traeger...). When I finally convinced them to answer my question(honestly), they admitted they were all blends with oak or maple., depending on where they were produced in US or Canada. Dang, I miss Todd!
Thanks again to you and others, Brian.

Yes... Todd sold to Pit Boss... Pit boss website is about the only place to get them... They are still sold as A-MAZ-N pellets.. just through Pit Boss .... And they still have my favorite... PitMasters Choice ....

Walmart, ace hardware, home depot, tractor supply and so many more sell A-Maze-N pellets. And yes, make your dust out of the pellets.

I used to buy apple and cherry Lumberjack brand from Amazon. Just checked and only see pecan variety available now from Lumberjack.

Lumberjack has changed formulas on some pellets since I went to other side.
Apple is a blend "60% Red Oak, 40% Apple" per their website.
Pecan is a blend "60% Red Oak, 40% Pecan" per their website.
Alas LJ Mesquite is now a blend.
LJ 100% cherry is still available.

I am leery of the A-Maze-N brand since it it was sold to the Dansons Group

Looks like Dansons has retired A-maze-N's Alder pellets. Damn!! Need to shop around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmac61
BBQr's Delight still sells 100% flavor wood pellets in small bags.

A few 100% flavor wood varieties in large bags are available but it's best to contact them to see which one's are 100%.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky