A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
He claimed that hickory and cherry were the only wood he could pick out when tasting smoked foods.  And this after smoking for over 40 years.  Got the same story from an off the highway smokehouse when I visited back in the eighties.  Anyway, like someone said before, find what you like and go with it.

PS  What the hell is wattle wood??

All the best. 
Yeah, I thought that might be the case where only a couple of woods were detectable, thanks Gee.

BTW: Wattle is an Acacia and is our national symbol with yellow flowers on green background, hence the "Green and Gold" of Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cootamundra_wattle

IMHO  I recommend hickory and apple. I don't have the A-MAZE-N-SMOKER yet. How ever I am basing my opinion on what i currently use. I use a mix of hickory chunks and apple chips, occasionally I'll throw in a chunk or 2 of Mesquite. Just my 2 cents worth

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky