1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A little cheese

Discussion in 'Smoked Cheese' started by ddufore, Apr 23, 2018.

1. ddufore

ddufore Smoke Blower

image.jpeg I put a dozen pieces of cheese(6 varieties) on the BGE. Cold smoked for about 3 hrs with pellet tray and corn cob. This will last me awhile.

2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Looks like a good start. Ours doesn't last that long as we like it as does friends and family. It's a battle keeping up with requests.

Chris

3. ruchika

ruchika Newbie

good choice!!

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

We are past cheese season down here, what I have will have to last until next winter.
    I really should have smoked a little more cause I know what I have won't last.
    If we happen to get one more cold snap, I'll do a batch for sure!
    Al

5. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

I bet it took on some good color!

6. ddufore

ddufore Smoke Blower

image.jpeg Not really but the smoke flavor will definitely be there. I won't sample this for at least two months. Longer is better. Al, it was 24 degrees the morning of the smoke. I started it about 2 o'clock and left it all night. It was slightly below freezing the next morning, but the cheese was fine.

7. ksblazer

ksblazer Smoke Blower

Nice variety

When you get around to trying it. Let us know what you think of them.

What type of wood(s) did you use?

8. ddufore

ddufore Smoke Blower

Been doing this a while. I know it will be good. Not a heavy smoke flavor but that's the way I like it. Smoked with corn cob pellets.