• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A Little Bacon Emergency!

louballs

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 8, 2013
Hey Everyone,

I have 12 pounds of cured belly that I'm trying to cold smoke in my Smokin-It right now. I'm using sawdust in the Amazen smoker, but it keeps going out. Been dealing with it all day. Not sure what to do! I tried microwaving the sawdust to make sure it's dry, but still keeps going out. I never really had this issue before. What can I do to salvage this? Hot smoke? I've never done that before, always cold smoked. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lou

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Crack the door a bit...  Smokin-It's are pretty air tight...    OR...  put it in a cardboard box on a rack ... 

louballs

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 8, 2013
The door is cracked, but still going out. I'll give the cardboard box a try. Thanks!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.