A Few Weber Cooks...+

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Here in beautiful Gilbert, AZ we're at that special time of year when just about all cooking takes place outdoors, and that's what I'm pretty much setup for even tho my offset found a new home last fall. I replaced my SQ36 offset with a 26" Weber kettle, have to admit I love it, no more having to feed the firebox in 113º heat. First up, a yardbird spinning in the Weber 22"er, most versatile tool in the box. Seasoned up with some Yardbird rub
DSCN3893.JPG

On the spinner with a few coals, hickory splits, open top inspired by my good bud Steve H Steve H
DSCN3894.JPG

Took about 90 minutes to get lookin' just right, crispy skin and juicy as could be
DSCN3895.JPG

Plated up with fresh spargees and creamed cauliflower, learned about that from jcam222 jcam222 , good stuff!
DSCN3896.JPG

Next up was a rack of spares in the 26"er, mustard coat and Pig's Ass Rub
DSCN3961.JPG

Went with the charcoals chain and some hickory
DSCN3962.JPG

Gave the rack a baste of SBR a half hour from pull-off at 196º, good color and a good bite, I hate FOTB
DSCN3963.JPG

Plated up with some slaw and beans, it didn't disappoint.
DSCN3905.JPG

Back to the 22 for what was left of a porkbutt after I'd cut out the money muscle for another coppa, all tied up
DSCN3871.JPG

I've come to use the snake and hickory more than the SnS, tho they'll both work
DSCN3872.JPG

I just think I might get a little more smoke using the chain
DSCN3873.JPG

One of my favorite dinners, PP, sweet tater, beans, and fresh spargees, tough to beat
DSCN3875.JPG

Next up was little four pound boneless leg-o-lamb roast, SnS and hickory. By now you may have figured I like hickory, and asparagus!
DSCN3939.JPG

No mint-apple jelly, tho there was some applesauce to bail me out.
DSCN3940.JPG

Pulled at an IT of 132º, worked about right for me.
DSCN3941.JPG

Well, there's more, but I've already taken up enough of your time. I appreciate you lookin' in and y'all stay safe out there! RAY

Attachments

• DSCN3941.JPG
    DSCN3941.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 5
Ray , it all looks great , but that spinner chicken !!! Damn man . Fantastic bud .
That 26 is a beast of a smoker . Those ribs tell the story .
I'd be all over that rib plate . Nice work bud .
I finally uncovered my 26 after a year . Damn SmokeFire has me spoiled .

Looks great Ray, Your doing those kettles proud.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray , it all looks great , but that spinner chicken !!! Damn man . Fantastic bud .
That 26 is a beast of a smoker . Those ribs tell the story .
I'd be all over that rib plate . Nice work bud .
I finally uncovered my 26 after a year . Damn SmokeFire has me spoiled .
Thanks Rich, spinning a yardbird is the way to go, the more often I do they seem to come out the right way every time.
DSCN3844.JPG

I broke the handle on the 26, the cheap lock nut popped off, I was surprised it was suck junk. Looks like a standard #4-20 will do the trick to replace it, it's already back in the shed, 22 gets most of the action. Thanks for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: tx smoker
I know a few of us here know what's its like to bbq in an oven :emoji_laughing:, and I commend you. You're putting that 26" to work!

looks fantastic!

Ray if all looks fantastic and you know I think you are the yardbird king!! Glad you like the cauliflower. I’ve got another recipe to share with you on that , it will knock your socks off

Everything looks delicious, Ray. You got everything dialed in and makes for perfect cooks. Great work.

The kettle master strikes again. Some damn good looking cooks Ray!
Thanks John! I knew a few tricks before I got here, picked up a ton more since I arrived! RAY

Looks great Ray, Your doing those kettles proud.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks a lot Chris! You and Rich were instrumental in steering me to the 26"er, knowing I could use it to smoke and have the 22 to grill, and smoke. Thanks for the Like Chris, much appreciated! RAY

I know a few of us here know what's its like to bbq in an oven :emoji_laughing:, and I commend you. You're putting that 26" to work! looks fantastic!

Thanks Snad! Most days I'm just a couple degrees hotter than Phoenix, so if you're around this way you know what it's like. RAY

Fantastic looking cooks, Ray. I'd be all over any of those plates.
Thanks for the kind comment Doug, I appreciate it! RAY

Ray if all looks fantastic and you know I think you are the yardbird king!! Glad you like the cauliflower. I’ve got another recipe to share with you on that , it will knock your socks off
Thanks Jeffro! I've learned quite a lot from your posts and am always open to having my socks knocked off! RAY

Reactions: snadamo
Nice I never thought about spinning a bird with the lid off??? might need to try that
Thanks Clif! I'd have never thought of spinning with the lid off until I saw a post from Steve H Steve H , best way to go. I really want to spin a lamb roast and now I believe I have the timing down well enough to give it a shot. Wires don't work on a roto, there's some wireless junk that doesn't work, and the stuff that does isn't cost effective. Thanks for the like, I do appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky