A few recent meals- seafood and sirloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Hey everyone,
Hope all is going well. Quick drop in for some Q-view.

Over the weekend the wife and I decided on some grilled seafood, so I picked up some shrimp and scallops. I also roasted some green beans (in my opinion the best way to eat them) and made a black bean, corn, jalapeno, and tomato salad tossed with lime juice. Everything was really great, though I do wish I used cast iron instead for some better color.

IMG_1184.jpg

For lunch this week I decided on a small sirloin roast.. Easy prep- coated it with MeatChurch Holy Cow rub and fired up the PBC with some post oak. The PBC was cruisin' pretty hot so it got done really fast, plus it was on the small side. Day 1 served it up with black bean and corn salad. We'll see what the rest of the week brings!

DSCF3148.JPG DSCF3156.JPG DSCF3159.JPG DSCF3162.JPG DSCF3163.JPG

I all looks great!! That plate of shrimp , scallops and roasted green beans is right up my alley!!

Reactions: JCAP
Great looking cooks. Seems like most times buy green beans end up throwing out before getting around to them. Couple of weeks ago I blanched for 2 minutes and then just used them here and there. They kept for two weeks. I will have to try roasting them. I have been just sauteing in butter than add some chopped garlic and lemon pepper.

That shrimp plate looks really good but that sirloin is to die for!! One beautiful chunk of meat there!! Nice job.

Robert

. I will have to try roasting them. I have been just sauteing in butter than add some chopped garlic and lemon pepper.

That sounds good too. I just put a little olive oil, salt and pepper and into the oven for 20-30 minutes at 425.

Everything looks great! I mean who would complain about eating shrimp, scallops, and roast consecutive days! LIKE

Not me that's for sure!

Thanks for all of the comments everyone- they're much appreciated!

I missed this earlier, but it all looks delicious. The Shrimp + Scallops look great. That Roast looks perfectly cooked.
Nice work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky