A Few Cooks.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks bud. Give it a try it's mighty tasty
Do you save your pickle juice? We don't eat enough pickles to make a brine it would take us 5 yrs of saving the juice. LOL I bet I could go too In-N-Out Burger and ask them to save me a few gallons of pickle juice they get their pickles in green 6 gallon buckets. I have them save me buckets for the duck & goose blind and dove hunting seats. I'll just ask them to save me some juice because the brine sounds really great.

Reactions: 912smoker
Morning fellas and non fellas. Few cooks this week and nobody to share with lol.

First off a couple 3lb each Certified Piedmontese Tomahawks I got from tx smoker tx smoker for Christmas. View attachment 492049
Rubbed up with Oakridge Bbq Black OpsView attachment 492050
Onto the smoker at 225View attachment 492051
Once they got close to med rare. Hit them with a reverse searView attachment 492055View attachment 492052
Sliced up and platedView attachment 492053View attachment 492054

Next is some chicken breasts brined in pickle juice. And bacon wrappedView attachment 492057
After a couple hours in pickle juice hit them with some of Jeff's bbq rubView attachment 492058
Then wrapped in bacon and hit it with some cracked pepperView attachment 492056
Onto the smoker at about 300-350View attachment 492059
Done and restingView attachment 492060
Sliced and platedView attachment 492061View attachment 492062

And last some teriyaki chicken kabobs. Cut up some bell peppers and onions and chicken and marinated in my favorite teriyaki sauceView attachment 492063
All put together with some pineapple chunksView attachment 492065
Onto the grillView attachment 492066
And doneView attachment 492067
A few tasty meals this week. Glad SMF is back so we can all share with each other again!
Tomahawks look incredible. Question: The pickle juice is it homemade or was it store bought? If homemade, what was your recipe?

Everything across the board looks outstanding Jake!! What an incredible array of food you've showcased here. There's not a thing I wouldn't tear up. glad you liked the tomahawks and you certainly did them justice!! There will be a few similar items coming your way for the TN event later this month :emoji_wink:

Robert

Do you save your pickle juice? We don't eat enough pickles to make a brine it would take us 5 yrs of saving the juice. LOL I bet I could go too In-N-Out Burger and ask them to save me a few gallons of pickle juice they get their pickles in green 6 gallon buckets. I have them save me buckets for the duck & goose blind and dove hunting seats. I'll just ask them to save me some juice because the brine sounds really great.
Yes Dan we just save ours. I buy a big Jug of these from sam's once a month. It's alot of juice when you finish them off then I just drop the chicken right in the tub
IMG_20210405_145758.jpg

You can also just make you up a fast dill pickle brine if you've ever made homemade pickles or buy a packet of dill brine that you just add water to. They are found on the isle with the canning supplies and can't get much easier

Everything across the board looks outstanding Jake!! What an incredible array of food you've showcased here. There's not a thing I wouldn't tear up. glad you liked the tomahawks and you certainly did them justice!! There will be a few similar items coming your way for the TN event later this month :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert those were probably the best tomahawks I've had. Thanks again for gifting me those.......I'm pumped up for the gathering!

Everything looks great Jake! Those tomahawks from CPB are legit! I still have one in the deep freeze from Robert.

I gotta try that pickle juice brine too. I think there’s a jar in the fridge with like one pickle left, so it will be done soon.

Everything looks great Jake! Those tomahawks from CPB are legit! I still have one in the deep freeze from Robert.

I gotta try that pickle juice brine too. I think there’s a jar in the fridge with like one pickle left, so it will be done soon.
Thanks joe. I agree about the quality of the steaks. Let me know how you like the pickle chicken!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky