A Couple Of NY Strips (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks perfectly cooked. I enjoy the way every side is Unique. No two posts have the Same Old Green Beans and Mash.Then again, no Fussy Kids who will only eat one or two types of Veg. ..JJ

Sure looks good Robert! Steaks look perfect! And what a deal!! Reminds me of the deal I got from the snap on tool truck years back. I baught a jacket for $10,000 and got a tool box and some tools for free! Lmao!

I' m a sucker for those kind of deals! Especially a free NY strip! Sign me up for Costco, if there was one nearby.

What a great looking meal and your steak looks absolutely perfect.

I gotta start checking into Sams to see if they run deals like that. :emoji_laughing: Good looking steaks and the rest of the plate looks good too.
Jim

Man oh man those steaks look good! Hard to beat a good NY strip.

Thanks John!! I'd kinda been a rib eye groove fr a while and am starting to branch out with some different cuts. These were some fine steaks!!

How did you find out about that deal? That was a good deal.
WHAT! I have never heard of such a deal! man my Costco doesnt do deals like that

Uh...it was a joke guys. The 3 blocks of cheese were only $30. Point being that I just can't get out of Costco with only what I went in for and sure as heck can't get out spending only $30. The "special" was my justification to Tracy because she made a smart a$$ comment as I was leaving that I was ONLY to get the cheese. Yah....right.

Robert

Phenomenal cook Robert, everything looks real tasty! Nice grill marks on a perfectly cooked steak! BTW, your pics are always great... some of the best on the forum!

Thanks so much Justin. My mediocre picture taking skills leave a lot to be desired compared to several of the folks here. I get one right once in a while though.

That looks insane!

Thank you...I think :emoji_wink:

Looks Great Robert!!
Nice Job, again!

Thanks so much Bear. Appreciate the kind words.

Nailed it. You been on a roll!

Thanks Brian but even an old blind dog is gonna find a bone once in a while.

Robert

Happy late birthday bud
Happy belated birthday also!
Happy belated Birthday.

Thanks guys but I guess I had my foot in my mouth...or at least didn't fully remove it before attacking the keyboard. It was actually an early birthday present. My birthday is still a couple weeks away but Tracy found the set of cookware on Wayfair at a massive discount. She didn't want to miss out on that so she ordered it.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Beautiful looking steak Robert! Glad you found some good quality at Costco.

Thanks Jake!! I used to get my meat solely at Costco before finding CPB and have kinda had blinders on ever since. I was happy to find a good quality alternative.

New York Strip is our favorite ( when we can find it). Must be everyone else's too. :emoji_laughing:
Yours looks fantastic, nice work.

As I'm expanding a bit and trying cuts other than rib eyes, I have to admit that these are right up there at the top of the list.

Nice find and a great looking meal there guy

Thanks so much Warren. I appreciate it sir.

Beautiful looking steaks Robert! Something about grill marks just make them look awesome!

Thanks Ryan!! The grill marks have a tendency to elude me in the quest for the perfect char..which obliterates the grill marks. These came out looking pretty nice, and I agree that it adds to the visual appeal.

Robert

First part was funny. Happens all of the time. Meal looks great!

Robert, thanks you sure gave us a laugh.
Your cook looks great thank you for sharing.

Very much appreciate it guys and glad you saw the intended humor. Maybe it was a bit too veiled and escaped some of the folks :emoji_wink: Also glad to see I'm not the only one who suffers from that anomaly Derek :emoji_astonished:

Excellent cook Robert! Steaks cooked perfectly.

Thanks Mike. It''s amazing how much of the guess work you can take out of cooking when you cheat and use an instant read thermometer :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: MJB05615
A couple weeks ago I stopped at Costco to get some cheese. That's it. Only three blocks of cheese and I'm leaving. Turns out they were running a special. If you buy 3 blocks of cheese for $312 you get a 15# USDA Prime beef toploin roast, a 9# pork loin, two cases of diet coke (for Tracy), twelve 2-liter bottles of margaritas, and a few other things ABSOLUTELY FEE!! What a deal. I just couldn't turn it down :emoji_laughing: So I get home and have this toploin roast and had no clue what to do with it so decided to cut it down into NY Strip steaks. Got 12 steaks that were a full 1 1/2" thick (I measured each one as I cut them). After a less than gratifying experience a few weeks ago with a NY Roast I bought online I was really hoping for something better this time. But hey, it was free, right? :emoji_wink: Got a couple out to grill up the other night.

The steaks
View attachment 481104

Seasoned up with some Pit Faced On Point rub
View attachment 481105

Doing some fried taters in my new birthday cookware. Seasoned with garlic EVOO and SPOG
View attachment 481106

Tracy decided we needed some green onions in the taters
View attachment 481107

Onto the grill over the sear burner. Got the temp dialed down a bit so only running about 800*
View attachment 481108

Flip. Got some nice grill marks going
View attachment 481109

Plated with the taters and a salad. Kind of a blurry pic. I seem to be getting really good at taking bad pictures
View attachment 481110

Cut away shot. Steaks are perfect!! Pulled at 125, let rest a few minutes, and they came out really well
View attachment 481111

Close up
View attachment 481112

I've kind of been on a quest to find some good quality meat at a decent price that I don't have to buy 50# of. I can get the roasts from CPB but getting a whole case is just more than we need, especially when added to the other stuff I am getting by the case. These turned out to be exactly what I've been looking for. The steaks were fantastic. Not quite the deep, rich, beefy flavor of CPB but at a price point of $7.99/lb (but mine was free of course :emoji_sunglasses:) I'm more than fine with this. We both agreed that this was the best "bang for the buck" steak we've ever had. One day I may check with a forum friend that lives in the area and see if he wants to split a case from CPB but for the time being, I'm really happy with these and will keep them on hand.

(Disclaimer: the butcher I talked to at Costco said it was a "toploin" and that is what was on the label he printed but I'm seeing conflicting info on the 'Net)

This one is a wrap. Stay safe and I'll see everybody again soon I hope.

Robert
Oh my Goodness-------That is about as close to perfect as you can get!

I swear that happens to me when I got in stores too!!

Don't ya just hate it when that happens Jeff? I know I do...because it means a lot of stuff to carry into the house. I always seem to manage somehow though.

Oh, man.... This dish looks awesome! I would say that steak is done to perfection! Like-like....

Thanks so much. A good instant read therm makes all the difference in the world.

Looks perfectly cooked. I enjoy the way every side is Unique.

Steaks came out exactly as we like them....warm red center, juicy, and tender. Fortunately we both like a wide variety of things so it's a lot easier to mix things up.

Robert

Awesome meal Robert! The steaks are perfection.

Thanks Steve. Seen a bunch of great looking steaks you've turned out recently and had to try and keep up. Don't know that I made it but at least we didn't go hungry that night :emoji_wink:

Great looking plate of food there Robert.

Thank you Jim. Came out looking and tasting pretty good. We were happy.

Reminds me of the deal I got from the snap on tool truck years back. I baught a jacket for $10,000 and got a tool box and some tools for free! Lmao!

I know EXACTLY how that works Travis. Many years ago I went in to get a new tool belt. It cost me over $6K but they threw in a whole bunch of free wood working tools. What a deal!!

I' m a sucker for those kind of deals! Especially a free NY strip! Sign me up for Costco, if there was one nearby.

What a great looking meal and your steak looks absolutely perfect.

Yah, hard to walk away from a sweet deal like that. I mean heck, what's $104 for a block of cheese, right? Thank you for the kind words. I'm starting to get these steaks figured out it seems. We sure are enjoying them.

Robert

I gotta start checking into Sams to see if they run deals like that. :emoji_laughing:

It was a Manager's Special that day and not advertised :emoji_laughing: I just happened to walk in at the right time.

Perfection on a plate Robert, simple yet elegant, big Like!

Thanks so much Ray. I'd happily trade you a couple of those steaks for a plateful of those lobster and shrimp raviolis though. I can't seem to get those out of my mind. Man they looked amazing!!

Oh my Goodness-------That is about as close to perfect as you can get!

Thanks Charlie!! As was the adage on the golf course: I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Guess that was my lucky day.

Too funny! you got me.

Not just you Dave, but at least you got a belated chuckle out of it I believe :emoji_astonished:

Excellent looking meal.
I really liked "3 things of cheese and you were outta-there"

Thank you Eddie. That has been the story of my relationship with Costco for longer than I want to admit...and it'll probably never change. Appreciate the kind words sir.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky