9lb Prime Rib..2 hours in. .can't wait!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Saw this post at breakfast this morning...want a rib bone right now haha. Like!
Ed,
My last 6 months in I transferred to the Hunley! On the Sound we had great times Med Cruisin!
Thanks for the like.

NEO, thanks for your service hope you had agreat day yeterday smoking your PR. Looks great and some of that fat looks like it would melt in your mouth! Better go eat breakfast :emoji_wink:, now I'm hungry thanks for pics.

Ed,
My last 6 months in I transferred to the Hunley! On the Sound we had great times Med Cruisin!
Thanks for the like.

Neo, It was me not Ed that was on the Hunley....took her through a shipyard overhaul in charleston, SC in 1980-1981. Sorry I missed out on the Med cruises. Was in Guam for a year then Long Beach overhauling the proteus then the overhaul in charleston. But I did get to cross the equator (shellback) and go through the Panama Canal (Member of the Big Ditch).

John

Neo, It was me not Ed that was on the Hunley....took her through a shipyard overhaul in charleston, SC in 1980-1981. Sorry I missed out on the Med cruises. Was in Guam for a year then Long Beach overhauling the proteus then the overhaul in charleston. But I did get to cross the equator (shellback) and go through the Panama Canal (Member of the Big Ditch). John

I was never in the military but I spent a lot of time as a civilian/engineering contractor in Norfolk Naval Shipyard and Norfolk Naval Base back in 1990/1991 (desert Shield/Storm time). This Missouri-boy was absolutely amazed by what I saw and the might of our military. My best-worst memory of that time was when I got my but chewed out by a submarine commander for a good 10 or 15 minutes solid for a safety violation.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Neo, It was me not Ed that was on the Hunley....took her through a shipyard overhaul in charleston, SC in 1980-1981. Sorry I missed out on the Med cruises. Was in Guam for a year then Long Beach overhauling the proteus then the overhaul in charleston. But I did get to cross the equator (shellback) and go through the Panama Canal (Member of the Big Ditch).

John
Oh I goobered that up...sorry Brother. Trying to reply via phone is tough. Thanks for your service, You are appreciated!

NEO, thanks for your service hope you had agreat day yeterday smoking your PR. Looks great and some of that fat looks like it would melt in your mouth! Better go eat breakfast :emoji_wink:, now I'm hungry thanks for pics.
Thanks Brother...appreciation! It was mighty tasty.

You missed me by 8 years, I was there in 1977. Tender duty was pretty good stay tied up to the dock and let them come to you. I was on two submarine tenders, the USS Proteus and the USS Hunley.

Nice Job on the roast, looks yummy!

LIKE!

John

Whoa!!
Dangerous Duty after the Hunley went down for the 3rd & final time in 1864.

Bear

Whoa!!
Dangerous Duty after the Hunley went down for the 3rd & final time in 1864.

Bear
Hahahaha Bear.. Yea they shared the name but not the legacy. USS Hunley the Sub-tender..built with parking brakes on her.

Thanks Brother...had a great time with it considering it was my first PR. My pleasure bud.

Man that looks good! I love prime rib. Going out for a company function tonight, gonna have to order prime now. I’m sure it will not be as good as your smoked prime though! Nice cook

Man that looks good! I love prime rib. Going out for a company function tonight, gonna have to order prime now. I’m sure it will not be as good as your smoked prime though! Nice cook
Thanks Brother I appreciate that. Have fun tonight!

Reactions: jcam222
John, boot camp was Orlando 1985. USS Puget Sound Norfolk

My oldest daughter is stationed on the USS Monterrey CG61 in Norfolk. Her younger sister is in the Sea Bees in Washington D.C.

Both did basics at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Illinois.

Thank you all for your service!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky