9 butts and a Grad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Watch it closely. R RevSmoke just did the same thing with 7 butts and well into the cook had a little grease fire from all the drippings. This was even after he wrapped them. I’ll let him tell the story when he sees this.
I'm a little late on this, but yes… this happened.

Will do. We use drip pans under everything and the rf plate runs most of the way to the end. In our case the chance is small but there. I did have a small one once where the pans weren't positioned right. Luckily no harm was done. I've watched it closely since then.

Glad to hear that. I’ll be doing drip pans from now on. I had an issue where my Yoder lost ignition mid cook, so I had to remove the diffuser plate to fix the issue. I think during that time grease snuck below and the groundwork was set. Luckily, the butts survived (thanks to the Mrs for noticing the smoke) and the tacos were great.

Reactions: Ringer
Congrats to your son! And to raising him the right way! Dang you guys made me teary eyed with all the memories! And Ringer Ringer Enjoy the times as you can...it can be hard but I'm sure you'll come to see you did a great job. From a dad whose daughter just turned 30 on father's day and son that turned 23 in May.

Ryan

Congratulations to your son.

That's a fine looking batch of butts you got there Ringer. Nicely Done!!!.

BTW I hear ZZ Top is looking for a new member if your interested. :emoji_laughing:

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Congrats to your son! And to raising him the right way! Dang you guys made me teary eyed with all the memories! And Ringer Ringer Enjoy the times as you can...it can be hard but I'm sure you'll come to see you did a great job. From a dad whose daughter just turned 30 on father's day and son that turned 23 in May.

Ryan
Thanks so much Ryan! I'm certainly trying my best to get together with him every time we can. He is coming in this weekend and we got to see him last weekend for Father's day. He is really starting to get adjusted to life as an intern.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Congratulations to your son.

That's a fine looking batch of butts you got there Ringer. Nicely Done!!!.

BTW I hear ZZ Top is looking for a new member if your interested. :emoji_laughing:

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the beard and butt compliments Chris! That was about a month ago so it's really getting into zz top land now. My wife keeps telling me it's time to trim it for summer weather. I haven't caved yet!

Congrats to that Young Man & to You also!!
Butts look Fantastic!!
Like.

Bear
Bear, thanks so much for the kind words brother. Here is an updated picture of him on the job. He is an intern right now but will be a field engineer or project manager by the time he graduates. He is planning to become a construction superintendent and majoring in building and construction science at Mississippi state. I'm so proud of this guy!

Attachments

• 20220620_140827.jpg
    20220620_140827.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky