85# Goose/Pork Cajun Smoke Sausage....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Pulled out the rest of the goose meat I had on hand, just over 33#. Ended up with 29.5# after trimming. Mixed that with 47# pork butt and trim fat. Did the grinding Thursday, stuffing friday, Smoking them this morning....

Inda Smokehouse to dry for 1-2 hours @100-120*F
IMG_20211009_092752864.jpg

That's a batch of sausage, there!
I've never tasted Goose. Is it like Duck or Turkey? Any spices in the mix?
First glance at the title made me picture an 85# Goose....

That's a batch of sausage, there!
I've never tasted Goose. Is it like Duck or Turkey? Any spices in the mix?
First glance at the title made me picture an 85# Goose....

These are Canada geese. It all depends on what the goose has been feeding on as to how it will taste. It is stronger than duck. I ground the goose meat through 3mm plate once. The finer grind helps with the toughness of the meat and connective tissue, it also does not allow pellets to pass through. I try my best to remove them when slicing the meat into thin strips, but I do miss some. The pellets just roll around over the plate being pushed by the knife. When I hear it, I stop the grinder and remove the pellets. I pulled out 9 or 10 with this batch.

The pork and fat is run through a 4.5mm plate....

These are Canada geese. It all depends on what the goose has been feeding on as to how it will taste. It is stronger than duck. I ground the goose meat through 3mm plate once. The finer grind helps with the toughness of the meat and connective tissue, it also does not allow pellets to pass through. I try my best to remove them when slicing the meat into thin strips, but I do miss some. The pellets just roll around over the plate being pushed by the knife. When I hear it, I stop the grinder and remove the pellets. I pulled out 9 or 10 with this batch.

The pork and fat is run through a 4.5mm plate....
Pellets?

What flavor profile looking great so far
Thanks mike!

Lookin good .
Thanks Chopsaw. The goose is only 40% so with the cure and seasoning, it is a mild goose flavor.

Bet that will be tasty!
Thanks smokerjim!

I bet they are delicious!
Thanks Steve!

I have only done a chicken pot sticker sausage with no smoke. I hope the geese have been feeding on goodness...

looks good and a lot of work
Thanks zippy. Some of these geese had been feeding in corn, the rest were eating on winter wheat.
The corn is better for flavor.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky