$800+/- Budget

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you want to remain with electric I’d say a lot of people seem to like the Cookshack or Smokin It cookers.

I've got 4 electrics: MES 30 (gen1), Cookshack Smokette 008, SmokinTex 1400 and a Smokin-IT #3. Of them all, I like the Smokin-It the best.
I also have a GMG Davy Crockett which replaced my gas grill. Great to take it camping, sort of smokes but grills fairly well.

So, you think it is from being stored outside or MES just can not handle the use ?
I'm going to assume being outside all year round. I use it year round, so I'm not going to store it in the garage. It rusted very easily. I'm just glad that I went with the non-digital version both times. Still a waste of money if you live in a winter climate like me, in my opinion.

Have you looked at the Grilla Grills Silverback? It's a quality company with great customer service and it's in your price range. Being in WI and wanting to grill year round I would highly recommend getting something insulated. The Silverback has an insulated bottom a works well in colder weather. Have you thought about a Kamado type grill? I love my Kamado Joe and it will grill, smoke and even bake. Kamado ceramic grill aren't effected that much by colder temps, I have grilled with mine when it was zero outside and the only effect was longer to get up to temp and a little longer cook time. You should check them out.

Reactions: The_Grillfather
Have you looked at the Grilla Grills Silverback? It's a quality company with great customer service and it's in your price range. Being in WI and wanting to grill year round I would highly recommend getting something insulated. The Silverback has an insulated bottom a works well in colder weather. Have you thought about a Kamado type grill? I love my Kamado Joe and it will grill, smoke and even bake. Kamado ceramic grill aren't effected that much by colder temps, I have grilled with mine when it was zero outside and the only effect was longer to get up to temp and a little longer cook time. You should check them out.
That Silverback is a nice looking grill.

Darn, I had that posted on an earlier thread before Black Friday, they had $100 off on original Silverback.

Never heard of but for about 1/2 the price and about same cook surface, the Pit boss Austin XL may be of interest. Numerous people on this forum have them and have good things to say about

Noticed in a couple of the feedback comments they believe it’s built by Rec Tec. One mentioned it’s the exact same manual and set of recipes as the Rec Tec Stampede.

200° bottom end temp. Do you do much for jerky or fish ? Just a thought...little higher than most use if so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky