80 lbs Pork Butt Finished - 4 diff Sausages & snack sticks *Tons of Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  Nice work!  Good times! Like you, I get a lot of satifaction in people complimenting your hard work.
tgil, I just wish I could share it with everyone! At least my bro's are getting to enjoy it.

**My prosciutto is in phase two! I'll start a new thread soon and get the info started.

I've been getting a lot of great comments on the sausage's, especially the jalapeno cheddar.

Dried Sausage is FINISHED!! Besides it being a little fattier than I like, it turned out very nicely.  I did a test with one of them (recommended by my neighbor) and boiled it for 5 minute to melt the fat and then pan sear it. It was tasty, will be good in many different recipes. Next time I'll leave out most of the fat.

My favorite though is to just gnaw on it while I'm out fly fishing.

d2de1174_IMGP0717.jpg

One of the left is the boiled & fried.

9657984e_IMGP0721.jpg

Prosciutto is being pressed and I guess I can't lift weights for a little bit :) It's a legitimate excuse!

000f9ab4_Picture25.png

The prosciutto is done :)  I'll make a post soon with some details and pics. Hell of a lengthy process but well well worth it!

That is some wonderful stuff. Ya just cant beat homemade sausage.

So what casings did you use for the meat stick? Sheep ?

Thanks for posting all the pictures.

That is some wonderful stuff. Ya just cant beat homemade sausage.

So what casings did you use for the meat stick? Sheep ?

Thanks for posting all the pictures.
Thanks, you really can't beat it. Especially for the single fact that you know what's in it!   I did use sheep casings on the sticks, I think they were 20mm but I'll have to double check. Next time I'll be using some even smaller and I'm about due to make some more.

You're welcome, I try to post as many photos as I can as it really helps out to see & learn what others are doing. 

droooolllllllll........
You should've seen my dog! She can't leave my side but especially when I'm in the garage making 80lbs of sausage. How many dogs do you know that would stay away from all that sausage even when left alone for extended periods of time? She's a good girl.

Nice job.

I like the dry, I gotta get back in the saddle again soon.

Prosciutto is being pressed and I guess I can't lift weights for a little bit :) It's a legitimate excuse!

000f9ab4_Picture25.png
thoseguys26, I have been interested in trying this. Would you have some insight on how to begin salt curing a ham, time temperature? I have NEVER tried a lot of things before joining this site. It has given me the confidence to try many new and interesting things....

Thanks ShoneyBoy

thoseguys26, I have been interested in trying this. Would you have some insight on how to begin salt curing a ham, time temperature? I have NEVER tried a lot of things before joining this site. It has given me the confidence to try many new and interesting things....

Thanks ShoneyBoy
Will do. I'm soaking one right now and in a few days I'll slice it up and let you know.
Nice job.

I like the dry, I gotta get back in the saddle again soon.

I got a little antsy and kept pressing the dry sausage to make sure no air pockets were in it. That's why they're so flat looking :)

OMGoodness !!! That looks good!!!!
drool.gif
So would be in line with prosciutto and you can eat it like that or will you still need to cook it???

Noticed you have a mes 40, and no mod to even the heat....the product looks great, did you have to rotate the shelves or did they seem to smoke pretty even.....beeen hanging my sticks, but it looks like you can get more in using 4 shelves...thx

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky