72 oz. of jerky packaged and ready to go.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
flatbroke flatbroke The eye of rounds I buy are normally around 4 +/- pounds. Lose a little bit to trimming off the excess fat...maybe 1/4 to 1/3 pound. I use a forced air dehydrator with variable temperature set points and a timer.
7F869DA8-BD7A-4C4F-AFB4-CB7783860738.jpeg
so this is what I got. Any tips on what to add to the original? The wife wanted the other two flavors. Thanks

I buy alot of sticks seasoning from Owen's... might have to try some jerky in the near future!

Ryan

so this is what I got. Any tips on what to add to the original? The wife wanted the other two flavors. Thanks
flatbroke flatbroke I normally add the following:

1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning (my fave)
or
1 tablespoon granulated garlic (or garlic powder) and 1 tablespoon black pepper (close 2nd fave) - this is better than the garlic pepper version sold by Owens BBQ
or
1 tablespoon of granulated garlic

To any of the above, I sometimes add a bit of cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit...usually no more than a teaspoon.

Every now and again I come across a seasoning that I like and I will add 1 tablespoon to original, mesquite or hickory flavor packs...beware of seasonings with salt though.

flatbroke flatbroke I normally add the following:

1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning (my fave)
or
1 tablespoon granulated garlic (or garlic powder) and 1 tablespoon black pepper (close 2nd fave) - this is better than the garlic pepper version sold by Owens BBQ
or
1 tablespoon of granulated garlic

To any of the above, I sometimes add a bit of cayenne pepper to spice it up a bit...usually no more than a teaspoon.

Every now and again I come across a seasoning that I like and I will add 1 tablespoon to original, mesquite or hickory flavor packs...beware of seasonings with salt though.
Cool thanks. The stuff shipped today so i will be set for the weekend

Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky