7 yr old turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stormtrooper

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
Michigan
In our house we celebrate may the 4th (star wars day) and im smoking a pork shoulder BUT my 7 yr old daughter who has taken a huge interest in grilling and smoking (she even want to shoot her own deer and other meat and cook it)so i went and got her a turkey breast that she is going to be totally in charge of. Making and applying the rub, putting termometer prob in and watching temps to spritzing with apple juice. All supervised of course. She is so excited! I will post pictures of the new pit master as she progresses! Wish her luck!

One awesome thing to do...getting your daughter involved is how some memories and traditions get started. Personally, I love them. Want to see the pics!

Reactions: stormtrooper
Here is an update. This is my daughter showing off her first rub. She did it all herself. Shes so excited. Truth be told im excited for her.
20200504_102410.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky