7-Bone Whole Rib De-Boned: Rib Lunch & Ribeye Dinner Q-view W/Method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All I can say is OMG...you did an awesome job on this one and I'm gonna have to try it. Thanks for all the detailed info, it sure helps me, being a newbie!

Alesia
Thanks Alesia, and you're most welcome. Most folks smoke these whole with the bones in, which has it's benefits of a bit of added flavor from the bones and less risk of moisture loss, but in this situation, it was just way too much meat for one meal. Beef ribs to the rescue! Both the ribeye and ribs worked out great, and we hadn't had beef ribs for quite some time as they're very spendy around here even for the mechanically seperated ribs with virtually no meat, so this was a really special treat for us. And, these ribs had beef on the bone! LOL!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Eric

OMG

That's all I can say right now, because I just found this (Eric likes to hide stuff from me), and I don't have time to put my wet suit on & dive into this exquisite post!

So, for now I'm just putting my mark on this, so I don't lose it to the archives.

Thanks,

Bear

I'll stick with OMG!

Because I don't like to repeat myself.

I think I used all of my vocabulary of words like Awesome, Fabulous, Outstanding, Super, etc, etc, on all of your other posts, Eric!

So I'm gonna have to stick with OMG on this one.

You never let me down, when I get to ride along on one of your most enjoyable "Smokey Rides".

Thanks Buddy,

Bear

I'll stick with OMG!

Because I don't like to repeat myself.

I think I used all of my vocabulary of words like Awesome, Fabulous, Outstanding, Super, etc, etc, on all of your other posts, Eric!

So I'm gonna have to stick with OMG on this one.

You never let me down, when I get to ride along on one of your most enjoyable "Smokey Rides".

Thanks Buddy,

Bear

Uh-oh, you'll have to invent some new words, or else stop looking at my q-views...dang, the latter of the two could be a really tough one! LOL!!!!

Thanks Bear, I figured you'd enjoy this one, as much you've been doing prime rib.

Glad you liked the ride!

Makes me want to get the rib roast out of the freezer and get it done!
Yeah, it's hard to beat this method for a double-meal smoke. I could have steaked out 1/2 the roast after boning it out, just for an 24-hr marinade with a mildly acidic blend, or just a nice low-salt dry rub, wrap and rest...could have had a ribeye steak dinner the next day this way.

Hmm, a little creative thinking along the way could make a full 7-bone whole rib go a long way when feeding 6-8 persons.

Enjoy!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky