60# Cajun Smoke Sausage & 25# Cajun Tasso

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Bought 80# of pork butts for $1.23/pound tuesday. Broke those down today. trimmed the coppa muscle group off the top of the butts and cut into 3/4" thick steaks after trimming them real good. Used the fat caps and the rest of the pork for the smoke sausage. Got the first grind done on the smoke sausage, salt, cure, TSPP, and seasonings added and will let sit overnight for final grind in the morning. The tasso steaks are curing with 1.4% salt and cure #1, they hit the smokehouse in the morning. plan to roll about 9 hours of smoke to them. Will smoke the Cajun sausage Friday....

Pick of some tasso steaks...before curing.
MmsPicture_20200923113818.jpeg

Will snap a pick of the cajun sausage links tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oh- and I added some fat caps I saved from making the andouille so the cajun sausage mix is 70/30 lean to fat...

Last edited:
I just put some hickory smoked Tasso in my white beans Monday. But it was store bought. Nothing like this I’m sure.

I just put some hickory smoked Tasso in my white beans Monday. But it was store bought. Nothing like this I’m sure.
Yum.
Yep, good in white beans. I usually put tasso, smoke sausage, and cajun ham ends in my white beans...
I like it in all beans really. Makes really good hopping john peas too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky