• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

60# Cajun Smoke Sausage & 25# Cajun Tasso

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Bought 80# of pork butts for $1.23/pound tuesday. Broke those down today. trimmed the coppa muscle group off the top of the butts and cut into 3/4" thick steaks after trimming them real good. Used the fat caps and the rest of the pork for the smoke sausage. Got the first grind done on the smoke sausage, salt, cure, TSPP, and seasonings added and will let sit overnight for final grind in the morning. The tasso steaks are curing with 1.4% salt and cure #1, they hit the smokehouse in the morning. plan to roll about 9 hours of smoke to them. Will smoke the Cajun sausage Friday....

Pick of some tasso steaks...before curing.
MmsPicture_20200923113818.jpeg

Will snap a pick of the cajun sausage links tomorrow.

Last edited:

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Oh- and I added some fat caps I saved from making the andouille so the cajun sausage mix is 70/30 lean to fat...

Last edited:

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
I just put some hickory smoked Tasso in my white beans Monday. But it was store bought. Nothing like this I’m sure.

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
I just put some hickory smoked Tasso in my white beans Monday. But it was store bought. Nothing like this I’m sure.
Yum.
Yep, good in white beans. I usually put tasso, smoke sausage, and cajun ham ends in my white beans...
I like it in all beans really. Makes really good hopping john peas too.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looking good now the wait for the finish.

Warren

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good Lord, what are you going to do with all that sausage?
Al

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Go through a lot of it around here SmokinAl SmokinAl . I do give some away too, and use some at the firehouse wehn cooking there for the guys.

Last edited:

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks good in my book.

Warren

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.