6# pork loin rib roast (first smoke!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emily

Original poster
Nov 24, 2013
Marietta, GA
My very first smoke in our new MES 30" digital. Hickory chips at 225 to 135F. The rib roast was rubbed with mushroom sage infused olive oil, then a generous rub with Spanish Rosemary sea salt fusion and cracked black pepper (also smoked 2 small beef chuck roasts, dry brined, studded with garlic then rubbed in Emerils and brown sugar.)

remaqy3a.jpg

a4ugavu2.jpg

u8uzy6y3.jpg

9emevu2u.jpg

The entire spread:

pydagahe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: disco
The beef was amazingly tasty, just somewhat tough, as is the norm for that cut, and the pork was more tender than I could have imagined. Huge smoky flavor (almost too much...may try oak next time?)

WOWWWW... (in a word).. that looks awesome for your first smoke.... yes, Hickory is a very strong smoke wood (as is mesquite) oak is much mellower, it's all trial and error... that's whats so fun about it... you get to eat your mistakes... keeping records (as you go) of each cook will further your knowledge even better... myself, i am very fond of pecan wood... very subtle smoke....

BTW... what internal temp did you take the beef to ?

WOWWWW... (in a word).. that looks awesome for your first smoke.... yes, Hickory is a very strong smoke wood (as is mesquite) oak is much mellower, it's all trial and error... that's whats so fun about it... you get to eat your mistakes... keeping records (as you go) of each cook will further your knowledge even better... myself, i am very fond of pecan wood... very subtle smoke....

BTW... what internal temp did you take the beef to ?

Thanks all!

Beef was nice and pink, we pulled it at 140. It'll be great for sandwiches!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky