6.33 lbs Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike243

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
E Tn
OK throwed Rub Some Butt on a butt that was slathered with yellow mustard.Fired up the pellet burner set at smoke #6 and will run it for 2-3 hrs then move to 225 or so,any body want to hazard a guess as to when it might hit 205?,I put both probes in 1 on each side of the bone just to see what the outcome will be.Fat side down this time
IMG_0866 (1).JPG

I'm going to say it was 6am when I loaded it as the pit wasn't all the way heated up/stable,will be very happy with your estimate is the winner

Just kicked it up to 225,2 cups of Nantucket blend coffee down the hatch,kitchen detail until the dew burns off the grass so I can mow,over 18 hrs OT so not much outside work done this week

Not time issues and leaving naked testing going to cook a big load for my wife’s family for a birthday on the 4th of July probably

I'm guessing your looking at 14 to 15 with that 2-3 hours of low temp smoke.

Chris

158 and 62 on a 3lbs roll of baloney I forgot to put on,was going to have that for lunch :eek:

Stalled at 161,baloney 102

168 kicked it up to 250,looking awesome

This is the first time I have smoked over 4 hrs ,I don't think a stick burner would have done a lot more smoke at 225 ,a lot of smoke at 250 also which I like to see,at 350 cooking chicken 1/2s it gives a gentle taste of smoke,not sure how this will turn out but wont be lacking smoke flavor for most folks

0E5BA23F-AB03-4D29-99E7-74AE75569412.jpeg

Attachments

• A505429A-90D8-4BE4-AC57-6FE31AAFBCCD.jpeg
    A505429A-90D8-4BE4-AC57-6FE31AAFBCCD.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
Pulled at a little after 5 203 temp

Results tell, looks great! We follow a similar process, 2 hrs on low smoke then bump to 250º. Always turns out great!

Thanks it turned out pretty good,think I will go back to my home brew rub,Has some brown sugar in it which the Butt rub didn't and don't think it will hurt my sugar level much,it pulled easy with a set of bear claws,the fat layer that was left on it was put on the bottom and it was crispy,worked well with this smoker and will continue to do that. On my other smokers I didn't find that it made a difference but must be little more heat on the bottom with this 1 or a little less fat every where else :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky