50# Goose/pork Cajun Smoke Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Well, that's the last of smoke projects I had in mind with the big load of pork butts I bought on sale for $0.88/#. I am Celebrating national Sausage Month!!
Made 60# Andouille, 20# of tasso, 5 kg. of Campania Salami and pulled out a 10# bag of goose breasts and some pork scraps from the freezer. I used the trim from making Andouille and the Campania Salami along with 1 double pack of butts in this run of sausage. That worked well because I needed more fat anyhow. This sausage is around 40-42% pork fat....

Q-vue
IMG_20221014_160251.jpg

Good looking sausage, Keith. Bet they taste awesome. They have to be juicy with that amount of fat!

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky