5 years ago I quit smoking and moved to Europe. After a bit of negotiation with my wife and building staff... I've taken up the habit again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Maberham

Original poster
Mar 3, 2021
Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Rocking a Trager 575 Pro (could barely fit on my 5th floor balcony in Luxembourg. So far I've done 6 or 7 cooks, rotating mostly between Pork Tenderloin, Shoulder, Brisket and Wings and the occasional steak. It's been fun to try and recreate my BBQ sauces while adding in some different local ingredients. The meat quality here is great, but less fun has been adjusting to different names/sizes of European cuts of meat. Happy to share as much as I'm asked, as I love forums like theses for getting feedback and improving!

Attachments

• mccovey.jpg
    mccovey.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 26
Welcome from Wisconsin. Lots of great folks and advice to be had here.

Will they sell you primal cuts?

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: Maberham
Maberham - Thanks for the like. I really appreciate it. Want to have some fun with your French neighbors? Roast white asparagus with Herbes de Provence or Chanterelles in your grill/smoker. While roasting, use about 20 minutes of alder or beech wood smoke to give a hint of a fruity smoke flavor to the dish. This would make a side served with your protein, a standalone salad or dish ingredient. I'd like to hear the comments you would get on something like this. 🍻

Welcome from Indiana!
Glad to see you're getting back in the game, and glad you're allowed to have a cooker on a balcony!
Making my own sauces, marinades and rubs is half the fun of this hobby as far as I'm concerned.
Always interested in sausage recipes from Europe....

Maberham - Thanks for the like. I really appreciate it. Want to have some fun with your French neighbors? Roast white asparagus with Herbes de Provence or Chanterelles in your grill/smoker. While roasting, use about 20 minutes of alder or beech wood smoke to give a hint of a fruity smoke flavor to the dish. This would make a side served with your protein, a standalone salad or dish ingredient. I'd like to hear the comments you would get on something like this. 🍻

This sounds like a set up... Does it smell terrible or something? Or will they legit be jealous?

Welcome from Ks I was surprised to learn that smoking meat is not the norm across the pond
Some but not a lot! I can barely find Apple or Hickory pellets locally but there are places I can order from that deliver. I'd say BBQ is bigger in Netherlands than what I've seen in France or Germany.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky