$5 Steak!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So had one of those days were it started out full but very quickly opened up and became a free day. So I went shopping with the wife and as I was salivating over 75 cent per lb wings I spied some NY steaks quick sale tagged that people were bi-passing so I go over to get a closer and those 3 over looked NYs were tagged $5 each........but to my excitement USDA Prime! So my hands were all over them!!!

So I dressed them my usual SPOG & splash of Lemon pepper & sugar, but this time I dressed them with virgin olive oil.
E9424A64-783B-48F9-AE7C-D52FFF5BAF68.jpeg

they went on the Weber with grill grates 12 min in total
492CFB84-048A-4551-8600-C0C1794DE4BB.jpeg

So to keep up with the prime, it got dressed with some honey bourbon shrooms, garlic Yukon goods, and sliced zuc.
8E4CAB30-C70C-4FDE-8079-2CEF12C74ADA.jpeg

$5 MONEY
564C0A71-70E7-4F91-A9D5-F9842EFEA73A.jpeg

The Slice!!!
FB98F345-2A7A-4457-BC50-3D7FC5F6193C.jpeg

Honey Bourbon quick sauce:
3Tbs honey bourbon, 2Tbs water with grated onion and minced garlic, put into a small fry and bring to to a boil.....then flame it!!! Yea baby! Next put a Tbs + of better than bullion and a splash of Worcestershire then cook it down a bit.

Then pan sear (HOT) the shrooms in a fry with classic olive and butter. Once they are a at 60% done dump the bourbon sauce in the shrooms and let them cook in. Thicken with a very light corn starch slurry. The last step is to dump the resting steak juices (pure gold) into the sauce.

this sauce can be done in 15 min and tastes like it took all day!

Hot dog that looks good.

Point for sure
Chris

Any red-blooded American would be thrilled to be sitting down to that meal! So simple, yet so elegant. Seeing that plate makes my morning, and now I know what I'll make for dinner. Like, RAY

Damn that's a great looking steak! I love finding deals like that! How do you like the grill grates? I have been looking at getting some for my broil king. Those sear marks are out of this world.

Damn , those look great . Nice plate .
Thanks Chop! For an unplanned meal it was a nice mid-week meal for sure!

Hot dog that looks good.

Point for sure
Chris
Thakns Chris, although I'm now craving a Hot dog......LOL

Any red-blooded American would be thrilled to be sitting down to that meal! So simple, yet so elegant. Seeing that plate makes my morning, and now I know what I'll make for dinner. Like, RAY
Amen RAY! Beef its what "should" be for dinner!

GrillGrate grates are the best
Yes I am a fan of grill grates for sure. The make for a nice presentation.!

Those steaks look fantastic, as well as everything else on the plate!
Thanks Electric! It was a 40 min meal from the time I got home to the "slice" Less time than to drive to go get fast food and the total meal less than 20 bills!

Those look like summer bliss, Bet they were great
Mayor, thanks your comments are appreciated.....yes summer is coming soon!

Nice find and great job plating!

John
Thanks John, I was felling like a round plate this time around!

What can I say? Awesome, just awesome looking stake. Like!
Thanks pushok! I'm really happy with the way it turned out for sure, especially since it was un-planned.

Damn that's a great looking steak! I love finding deals like that! How do you like the grill grates? I have been looking at getting some for my broil king. Those sear marks are out of this world.

Thanks SmokinVOL! I am a fan of grill grates for sure. I did a full replacement on my trusty old Weber Genesis Gold. Since it was a full replacement, I did modify the ends of the grill grates to have a larger opening at the ledge between the I-beams. I also enlarged the next 3 openings in from that as well. As a full replacement they blocked too much heat but with the mods they cook very very nice! They do take maintenance though to keep them clean. But I've found if you brush (down each channel) them when hot, then use a spray bottle to squirt down each channel when they are about 500 deg they steam clean very easily. All that said, I don't and won't have a gas grill without them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky