5 lbs. Slim Jims

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nice looking batch, When you mailing them out ?  ------------  Points

Gary
Gary thanks they should be there today,unless I didn't seal the aroma in LOL Thanks for the point

Richie

Jeez Richie.  That really sucks about the MES crapping out.  

The slim Jims look great--but I don`t imagine you got much smoke on them.  I know what would happen to me if I were to use Miss Linda`s oven as a smoker.  
wife.gif

points.gif

Gary
Gary they had 5 hrs of smoke so they are good,the extended warranty is good from Sams,I will most likely get the Bt MES 40 Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie

Awesome lookin sticks Richie, hope your fishing goes well ! Sorry bout the MES going on ya, hope ya get it replaced soon !

Those look tasty! I almost bought a slim jim today they have flavors now? It's been along time but the cheesesteak flavor was tempting.

Those look tasty! I almost bought a slim jim today they have flavors now? It's been along time but the cheesesteak flavor was tempting.

I noticed you said "almost"! Funny how once you've made your own (sausage, Pastrami, whatever), the store bought stuff just doesn't look so good :-)

Nice looking stix, Richie!
points.gif

I always finish in the oven after the smoke treatment. Works for me...:-)

Dan
Dan Thanks I have finished some smokes in the oven,just wanted to let these finish in the smoke Thanks for the point

Richie

Look great!! Nice job,,,,,Not a very full smoker thou  
icon_eek.gif
 LOL 

Good luck fishing,,,, 

DS

DS Thanks the fishing trip was cancelled  But the sticks were a big hit Thanks for the point

Richie

Good looking sticks!! I copied the recipe and will try it soon.
We ate a bunch yesterday,I think a pinch more heat would make them better,let us know how you do Thanks

Richie

Richie, Doesn't matter how you got there ,the results look excellent ! 
My oven wasn't to bad to work with. Thanks for the point 

Richie
Awesome lookin sticks Richie, hope your fishing goes well ! Sorry bout the MES going on ya, hope ya get it replaced soon !
Just Thanks it did me a favor,the warranty is probably going to cover most of the cost.I am glad I bought the fermento it gives that little tang they need.Thanks for the point

Richie

What Dan said home made is the only way Thanks for looking

Richie

Richie, morning....   Sticks look perfect....  they will be awesome on the fishing trip.....   

Too bad about the smoker but you pulled through "that" dilemma in flying colors....   
icon14.gif

Richie, morning....   Sticks look perfect....  they will be awesome on the fishing trip.....   

Too bad about the smoker but you pulled through "that" dilemma in flying colors....   
icon14.gif
Dave Thanks the trip was canceled Bad Weather. I scheduled again for next Sat. The smoker was covered getting almost all my money back. 

Richie

Didn't realize there was no cut shot,so I took a pic for you.Will be getting my new MES$) Bluetooth tomorrow.

Richie

Hello,

Man, those are some nice looking sticks. Can you post a link to the step by step process you followed for making these, or if it's out of a book the title of the book? Thank you.

--Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky