4th of July

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Present plans for a day it’s just the two of us:
Baby backs on sale here for 1.99, so at least a couple of those.
Grilled corn and squash
Grilled shrimp & scallops

A day the grandkids come will have to include cheeseburgers, dogs, corn, and ice cream

I'll be traveling to WV on Monday to see Haley, hecXCV hecXCV , We will be doing some cooking next week while I am there. She wants PP, Ribs, beans, and a turkey breast.

Jim

Reactions: TH-n-PA
I picked up some "Buy one get one free" Baby Backs at Kroger yesterday and I'm hoping to do a couple on the Highland
on the 4th, but now they're forecasting temps in the low 90s (again) and thunderstorms.
I may have to punt....

I picked up some "Buy one get one free" Baby Backs at Kroger yesterday and I'm hoping to do a couple on the Highland
on the 4th, but now they're forecasting temps in the low 90s (again) and thunderstorms.
I may have to punt....
Same boat here Sunday and Monday … think cooking early and a late lunch / early dinner time might skirt any storms 🤞

Reactions: JLeonard
Just dropped $500 at a steakhouse in the last hour for 4 of us....ouch. Think I am going to change up on Monday and go to our local high end butcher and pick up 4 of his dry aged fillets and do a comparison......I already know the answer but will be fun anyway. Need to decide o cooking them on the kettle or griddle?

Reactions: TH-n-PA
Just dropped $500 at a steakhouse in the last hour for 4 of us....ouch. Think I am going to change up on Monday and go to our local high end butcher and pick up 4 of his dry aged fillets and do a comparison......I already know the answer but will be fun anyway. Need to decide o cooking them on the kettle or griddle?
My vote is Definitely for the kettle! In my opinion the flat top is great for smash burgers but steaks need charcoal and fire 🔥 that meal costed more than the pellet grill you were looking at.. lol.. happy wife and kids are cheaper than a divorce

I don't have to cook this weekend. Saturday evening is the big fireworks show and we've been invited for a late lunch and to watch the show from a friend's boat. Not real sure what's on the menu, was told to just show up and eat. Wife has made a big bowl of Texas Caviar to take, though.

Monday I'm cooking. St. Louis ribs may be on the menu, but also considering beef ribs.

Stay safe out there this weekend my friends...

Reactions: bill ace 350
My vote is Definitely for the kettle! In my opinion the flat top is great for smash burgers but steaks need charcoal and fire 🔥 that meal costed more than the pellet grill you were looking at.. lol.. happy wife and kids are cheaper than a divorce
yeah I probably will use the kettle. It is funny you should say the cost of the meal is close to the grill cost, I was thinking the same last night. I do this all the time, mull over buying something and research for months, at the end of the month the visa bill comes and it is $4500 of just life. The smoker cost is a drop in the bucket compared to other things that I will use much less. Anyway still in the research mode....lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky